• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC will open an office in London in April
4 4

128 posts in this topic

I'm planning to go to a book fair nearby tomorrow, so I might pop by the address and see if anything is there. I'll report back. 

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I'm planning to go to a book fair nearby tomorrow, so I might pop by the address and see if anything is there. I'll report back. 

Thanks. It all seems a bit Secret Squirrel at the moment.

6 minutes ago, mrc said:

Thanks. It all seems a bit Secret Squirrel at the moment.

Don't worry, I'm taking Morocco Mole with me B|

On 4/28/2018 at 3:29 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Well, anything worthwhile to report back yet?

Do they even have an office set up yet, and if so, are they taking submissions or anything like that?  ???

On 5/1/2018 at 8:32 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, anything worthwhile to report back yet?

Do they even have an office set up yet, and if so, are they taking submissions or anything like that?  ???

Sorry for the late reply lou, I was avoidably detained.

I did pop by the premises last Sunday but the building was closed and there was nothing to see. I'll try again next time I'm up there. 

On 5/1/2018 at 7:28 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I wonder what it takes to open an office that receives then ships comics.

A table?
A chair?
A computer with Internet access?

Security.

Insurance.

Location.

On 4/28/2018 at 8:25 AM, Erndog said:

Really disappointed there is still no office in Canada.

We get hose with the shipping to and from and duty charges big time.  Makes it not worth it.

Likely won't happen. Just not profitable enough.

1st, Canada is not a very big market. One tenth the size of the US.

2nd, a European office allows people from all of Europe to submit through London.

24 minutes ago, VintageComics said:
On 5/1/2018 at 7:28 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I wonder what it takes to open an office that receives then ships comics.

A table?
A chair?
A computer with Internet access?

Security.

Insurance.

Location.

A phone call.

A phone call.

Phone calls and a week of on-site visits. 

5 hours ago, GermanFan said:

Great. Its much easier to ship to UK from Germany than to US. No custom problems.

Yup. I think that this will be a boon for Europe.

On 5/13/2018 at 9:42 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Sorry for the late reply lou, I was avoidably detained.

I did pop by the premises last Sunday but the building was closed and there was nothing to see. I'll try again next time I'm up there. 

I've only just seen this. Is there any more info? I intend to try them out with a few books. Tell me, tell me, tell me please.(worship)

9 hours ago, GermanFan said:

Great. Its much easier to ship to UK from Germany than to US. No custom problems.

3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Yup. I think that this will be a boon for Europe.

Why is everybody forgetting Brexit? Beginning with April 2019, it won't matter anymore for all Europeans, because we will have the same customs problems with UK, as we have with USA.

2 minutes ago, Black Lantern said:

Why is everybody forgetting Brexit? Beginning with April 2019, it won't matter anymore for all Europeans, because we will have the same customs problems with UK, as we have with USA.

From what I know there is no VAT tax for comics coming into the UK, shipping will be much cheaper to ship to London, etc.

What sort of customs problems do you have?

15 hours ago, VintageComics said:

From what I know there is no VAT tax for comics coming into the UK, shipping will be much cheaper to ship to London, etc.

What sort of customs problems do you have?

You are talking about UK, but what about the rest of Europe? In almost every country you pay import VAT and duty. Sure, shipping to UK will be cheaper (hopefully they won't charge for shipping to US too, because than it will probably be the same cost), but everything else stays the same as if you would ship to the USA (including all the paperwork). That's why I don't see the point in opening an office in the UK, they should have opened one in one of the EU countries.

Edited by Black Lantern

I sent off an email and got this reply :

"  Matthew Gens <mgens@ngccoin.com>

Thank you for your email. We anticipate the opening of our building to be at the end of June or early July. We will provide an update on our website once the definitive date is set. We are currently remodeling the office to better fit our needs. Please note that submissions will be by drop off only with a scheduled appointment. Thank you. "

I had read in another site that it was just going to be a drop off point and that all submissions will be sent to the US for grading before being returned to London for forwarding back to the submitter but this email appears to say that there will be no postal submissions, only in person drop off  "by appointment".

Very disappointing for those of us who live in the wilderness.:ohnoez:

Edited by Redshade