• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC will open an office in London in April
4 4

128 posts in this topic

Fond memories of getting those annual albums at Xmas as a kid.  Broons one year, Wullie the next.

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Fond memories of getting those annual albums at Xmas as a kid.  Broons one year, Wullie the next.

We can get CGC ro grade them now Ken. Short trip to Bloomsbury and Bobs your uncle. 

CCG is headquartered in a 60,000-square-foot facility in Sarasota, Florida, USA. In addition to its London office, it has offices in Munich, Shanghai and Hong Kong, as well as 14 Official Submission Centers in cities around the world

Can someone explain that last part about the 14 OSCs?

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

CCG is headquartered in a 60,000-square-foot facility in Sarasota, Florida, USA. In addition to its London office, it has offices in Munich, Shanghai and Hong Kong, as well as 14 Official Submission Centers in cities around the world

Can someone explain that last part about the 14 OSCs?

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/6193/heritage-london-ccg/

6 minutes ago, Readcomix said:
10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Nobody wants to live there.  They have to live there.  It's a quality of life thing.

Kee-rist, Liz, I know that! I'm just cheap and lazy! I wanna be able to take the train in and drop 'em off myself. 

There was something on line yesterday about Florida being the worst state to live in.  Maybe you're lucky to be where you are...., 

lol

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

There was something on line yesterday about Florida being the worst state to live in.  Maybe you're lucky to be where you are...., 

lol

Well, if you have to be in NYS, I'm in the right part, but it's still a state that needs some new thinking IMO. Love the terra, here for family. But probably not forever. But I'd still like a CGC office 90 minutes away by train. Of course, it's probably unaffordable.

14 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Living in Londinium as as I do, the benefit I see is being able to take my books in in person and hand them to CGC directly, with no one else involved. No post office,  no authorised dealer. Just me and CGC. 

I can see no real advantage for those of us who don't live in London. For example, shipping to Florida is about half the price of my train fare to London and the turnaround time (going direct) is likely to be quicker.

Still, I'll give it a go just to see what it's like.

12 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup.  The polar opposite to my guttural, northern gibberish.

In Forbidden Planet, London, some of the locals appeared quite scared.

I should proceed with caution if I ever visit the new CGC office.

Oh how times have changed. Back in the 90s everyone had your accent ;) 

Just thought I'd drop by and see what reaction there was to this on the boards and compared to five years ago there is nearly nothing. Back then when there was a strong UK contingent on the boards, there would've been at least a 20 page thread within the day.  :o

29 minutes ago, gaz973 said:

Just thought I'd drop by and see what reaction there was to this on the boards and compared to five years ago there is nearly nothing. Back then when there was a strong UK contingent on the boards, there would've been at least a 20 page thread within the day.  :o

It seems like there is only about 10% of the board's usual traffic, post board update.

2 hours ago, gaz973 said:

Gaz!!! How are you? How's your daughter doing?

2 hours ago, gaz973 said:

british.gif

3 hours ago, gaz973 said:

5a760c51a2821_tenor(2).gif.8a7e5a6b1462f31dbefe7d52702d9ffe.gif

3 hours ago, rebelpk said:

Gaz!!! How are you? How's your daughter doing?

Hiya mate, hope all is good with you? I'm doing OK thanks. My daughter has been quite well in general thanks but has been quite ill this past couple of weeks, just trying to get her back on track at the moment.