• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC will open an office in London in April
4 4

128 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Yeah I guess, I always thought it stood for God, blind me! and also from this cover...

IMG_5325.JPG

Cover by Van Dyke! :D

I have a few books I'd like to get slabbed to make it easier for me to sell them when the time comes. So this is good news, as I've never liked the idea of handing them to an intermediary dealer, however reliable they may be. What actually happens when you take your books in to CGC's office? 

3 minutes ago, Jayman said:

lol That was my first choice but didn't want to give off the wrong impression! ;)

He doesn't do impressions. Well, realistic ones anyway! :grin:

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

Still a good step forward albeit long overdue. I may have to dig out the big pence guns now...:headbang:

Shame how so many of the Bronze Age Punisher appearances were ND, due to the Amazing Spider-Man title being absent for such a long while from the UK.

Edited by Ken Aldred

10 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Shame how so many of the Bronze Age Punisher appearances were ND, due to the Amazing Spider-Man title being absent for such a long while from the UK.

Yeah. A 6p priced 129 would've looked so cool :cloud9:

So, the collector ships them to the UK office, the UK office ships them to the states, they do their thing and ship them back to the UK office, then the UK office ships them back to the collector. Is that right? And the advantage is...?

15 minutes ago, Gaard said:

So, the collector ships them to the UK office, the UK office ships them to the states, they do their thing and ship them back to the UK office, then the UK office ships them back to the collector. Is that right? And the advantage is...?

Living in Londinium as as I do, the benefit I see is being able to take my books in in person and hand them to CGC directly, with no one else involved. No post office,  no authorised dealer. Just me and CGC. 

16 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's about time. :wishluck: for Canada, Australia, and........ Dallas TX ha!

Australia has Halo 'Grading'. They're just a few minutes drive from me. They... umm... hmmm... I've literally got nothing nice to say about them... 

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

Living in Londinium as as I do, the benefit I see is being able to take my books in in person and hand them to CGC directly, with no one else involved. No post office,  no authorised dealer. Just me and CGC. 

God I love authorised spelt with an S, I wish more of us Canadians would spell it this way, but I have a hard enough battle when I hear a Canadian use the term Zee, always stops me dead in my tracks.

2 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

God I love authorised spelt with an S, I wish more of us Canadians would spell it this way, but I have a hard enough battle when I hear a Canadian use the term Zee, always stops me dead in my tracks.

I talk right proper and everything. 

39 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I talk right proper and everything. 

Yup.  The polar opposite to my guttural, northern gibberish.

In Forbidden Planet, London, some of the locals appeared quite scared.

I should proceed with caution if I ever visit the new CGC office.

Edited by Ken Aldred