• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Last DC Newsstand Issues
2 2

128 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Thought it was already stated?

(shrug)

I was hoping that someone had connections to the people who place the orders for newsstand issues or the print company.   When I called the printing company in Canada, they would not release that info.   My concern is that Batman and Superman #30's were made but never had wide distribution.   It looks like Barnes and Noble never carried the #30s, but it would be nice to get an authoritative answer that the #29s were truly the last ones printed.

Edited by Cpt Kirk

1 hour ago, Cpt Kirk said:

I was hoping that someone had connections to the people who place the orders for newsstand issues or the print company.   When I called the printing company in Canada, they would not release that info.   My concern is that Batman and Superman #30's were made but never had wide distribution.   It looks like Barnes and Noble never carried the #30s, but it would be nice to get an authoritative answer that the #29s were truly the last ones printed.

Have you tried calling DC? :wishluck:

Edited by mr_highgrade

I was getting DC Newsstand books regularly throughout 2017 through B&N and BAM up until DC cut them off

I have both Batman and Superman newsstand editions up to issue 29. Both were the 2nd issues published for the month of October.

I have some of the other titles, none going past last half of October 2017. So I'm thinking that was the cutoff. Below is the most recent DC newsstands I could get.

Aquaman 26 9/17

Action 985 10/17

Batgirl 13  9/17

Detective 960  9/17

Hal Jordan Green Lantern CORPS 24 9/17

Green Lantern 25 8/17

Green Arrow 29 last half 10/17

Flash 28 10/17

Harley Quinn 25  10/17

Justice League 27 10/17

Nightwing 26 10/17

Justice League of America 12 10/17

Suicide Squad 23 10/17

Super Sons 7 (1/month) 10/17

Trinity 11 (1/month) 9/17

Wonder Woman 28 10/17

17 minutes ago, Joosh said:

I was getting DC Newsstand books regularly throughout 2017 through B&N and BAM up until DC cut them off

I have both Batman and Superman newsstand editions up to issue 29. Both were the 2nd issues published for the month of October.

I have some of the other titles, none going past last half of October 2017. So I'm thinking that was the cutoff. Below is the most recent DC newsstands I could get.

Aquaman 26 9/17

Action 985 10/17

Batgirl 13  9/17

Detective 960  9/17

Green Lantern 25 8/17

Flash 28 10/17

Harley Quinn 25  10/17

Justice League 27 10/17

Nightwing 26 10/17

Suicide Squad 23 10/17

Wonder Woman 28 10/17

Exactly what I was looking for.... I have Detective 960, 961 and 962 newsstand issues in hand.   Action 985 was the last newsstand issue I saw.

2 hours ago, Joosh said:

Glad I could help!

I may have gotten a little obsessive about the DC Rebirth Newsstands. At the time I was frustrated at how many issues I couldn't find. Looking back on it I think I did OK.

I have a collection of Marvel 2011-13 Newsstands too...

IMG_3272.thumb.JPG.6a60be14aac9b80c27136ba99cb7495a.JPG

:golfclap: What are the average grades?

Divad, I hope you are serious, I’ll call BAM and B&N just for the possibility of DC newsstands coming back. 

Mr highgrade, 

I cherry picked these and even with that effort the range of grades is 9.2-9.8. Most are 9.4-9.6. I felt a sense of accomplishment every time I found one in 9.8 that hadn’t been mishandled by the bookstore employees already. I passed on most books for condition issues. BAM seemed to handle them the better than B&N.

Many I believe could get bumps from pressing as the ticks or other typical newsstand rack damage is non-color breaking. I haven’t submitted any of these newer books. If (when ;) ) the values start to climb for these it may be worth getting some keys graded. 

I would go to the Barnes and noble near me looking for any keys as they usually hit two weeks after the direct market. I kept stalking it looking for teen titans 12 only to find out DC cancelled the newsies. Did anyone ever find this issue?

3 hours ago, Lpgk said:

I would go to the Barnes and noble near me looking for any keys as they usually hit two weeks after the direct market. I kept stalking it looking for teen titans 12 only to find out DC cancelled the newsies. Did anyone ever find this issue?

By all accounts I've heard it was not produced in Newsstand.

5 hours ago, Lpgk said:

I was doing the same thing. The newsstands ended at TT11. There is no 12 unfortunately. Our newsstand honey holes have all dried up ?

II will keep a running list of the last ones known.  Here's what I've got so far.

Aquaman 26 9/17

Action 985 10/17

Batman 29  10/17

Batgirl 13  9/17

Detective 962  10/17

Green Lantern 25 8/17

Flash 28 10/17

Harley Quinn 25  10/17

Justice League 27 10/17

Nightwing 26 10/17

Suicide Squad 23 10/17

Superman 29 10/17

Teen Titans 11 

Wonder Woman 28 10/17

6 hours ago, Davidone said:

I was doing the same thing. The newsstands ended at TT11. There is no 12 unfortunately. Our newsstand honey holes have all dried up ?

Too bad. If they got that far and made TT12, that issue would be huge. One of the last ones I bought was the Batman/ Catwoman proposal issue, and even then my store only got in 4 issues. I think over time, people will realize how rare the last several years of DC NS are. 

On a side note, it looks like they stopped it right before the Metals Tie Ins. Were there any other key issues near the end?

Edited by Lpgk