• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Solvent DNA Ink hands of respect
4 4

50 posts in this topic

It amazes me the lengths scammers will go to scam people. Apparently the blood that was stolen from Stan WAS used for these comics. And the sigs are clearly just stamped onto the comic. Each one has the exact same signature. 

http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/05/stan-lee-stolen-blood-for-sale-black-panther-comic-books/

Edited by DarkPhantom13

It feels like the same type of collector who acquires Nazi or Serial Killer Memorabilia might be intrigued by these items.  I heard the direct sales stopped and there could be legal action, thus limiting the number that exists that were already sold.  However, knowing what they are and the backstory, I'd wonder if there was any true sustainable value and interest to them.  The fact that they're stamped already eliminates the authentic autograph appeal.  But, the whole "blood ink" component is intriguing, but at the end of the day, since these are opportunistic marketers, for all a buyer knows, it could be a 1 drop of blood per every gallon of ink ratio, and somewhere in a warehouse are vats of ink to be marketed as Stan Lee DNA Ink.  As a collector and investor I'd walk away from these.

Holy Cow!!! One of those comics just sold for $4,050 on ebay. I guess prices will be skyrocketing. It was a Rise of the Black Panther #1 Variant. I want one now. I guess the controversy is pushing prices up. How many were sold to the public before the store pulled them of the shelf. I can't find any other sales anywhere on the net.

On 4/13/2018 at 10:57 AM, Robbussum said:

Holy Cow!!! One of those comics just sold for $4,050 on ebay. I guess prices will be skyrocketing. It was a Rise of the Black Panther #1 Variant. I want one now. I guess the controversy is pushing prices up. How many were sold to the public before the store pulled them of the shelf. I can't find any other sales anywhere on the net.

Another just sold for over $3k. Crazy. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rise-of-the-Black-Panther-1-with-Stan-Lee-DNA-Solvent-Ink-/253562037948?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESINDXX%3AIT&nma=true&si=yr0dM81pHtT0%2Fw9M1vDMrGCC484%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Second one sold for 3 grand today on ebay. This seller had one transaction on ebay with zero percent feedback. If he had decent feedback no doubt it would have sold for $5,000 plus. I am almost sure there probably less than 10 sold on the market or the internet would be flooded with them already. Even when a variant is released and 100 are available you will see 15 to 20 online at the same time. It is probably the most controversial comic ever and its already demanding thousands.

3 hours ago, SNARE said:

There's a Thor and rare gold ink black panther variant copy. Some may have both wink wink lol. 

There was one Thor that was Buy it Now that sold within a few hours for $3k, there is another for auction now. I can’t find the gold black panther. Is that one gone already too?

On 4/30/2018 at 1:05 AM, toaf said:

There was one Thor that was Buy it Now that sold within a few hours for $3k, there is another for auction now. I can’t find the gold black panther. Is that one gone already too?

It was bought at the marvel studio. But I had yet seen one posted to Ebay. It is supposed to be a limited edition. 

6 hours ago, SNARE said:

It was bought at the marvel studio. But I had yet seen one posted to Ebay. It is supposed to be a limited edition. 

Oh yeah, I saw the gold one at the store back in March. They wanted $500 for it. In hindsight, it would have been a worthy short term investment.