• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GGA Patsy Walker #5 (1946) CGC 9.4 OW/W : None Higher : Injury To Eye + Spanking Panel : Pedigreed : Final Price Drop
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hello friends.  On this Super-Bowl Sunday I wanted to give the community here an opportunity at a GGA Sports themed book before tucking it back away into Bounty's Book Vault for the future.

The Rules:

• The Deal: :takeit: in thread takes precedence over IM.  Willing to take offers.  Let's Talk.
  • The Payment: I will accept Money Order, Check (must clear), Paypal.  Anything else check with me first but I am flexible. Payment expected within 2 weeks unless agreed upon directly with me.
  • The Shipping: I will ship the books how ever you want.  Just expect it to take additional time to send out if not USPS.  I will charge the exact cost and let you pay for the amount of Insurance and Extras that you want.
  • The Return: No Returns on this book.  It's CGC Graded; I will pack it bomb proof any issues outside of this would be grounds for Insurance Claims.  Ask me questions if you have any.
  • The Wild Card: Do you have a nice copy of Blue Bolt #105 or Mask #2 by LB Cole?  Let's Talk.

My Kudos:

Remaining Details Coming Momentarily...

Edited by bounty_coder

Here is a book that I really like.  But am giving the opportunity for someone to take a crack at it given the recent strong interest in these books.

Today for your viewing pleasure is a copy of:

• Patsy Walker #5 by Timely from 1946 (yes that is 72 years old!).
  • CGC Graded 9.4 with Off-White/White Pages.  Only 4 graded total.  None Higher.  Next lowest 6.5.
  • Pedigree Davis Crippen "D" Copy only rivaled by the Mile High Edgar Church 9.4 OW/W copy.
  • Asking: Asking: $3,500.00 USD -> $3,200.00 USD -> $3,1000.00
  • This copy does have improvable defects. Light non-breaking spine.  Not promoting this but stating what I have observed; could technically be a 9.6 I believe.

Adding here because it only feels right.  $100 of the proceeds if this book sells will be sent to @Flex Mentallo for  the amazing Roshni cause. 

Some Facts:

• Edgar Church's old copy sold for $3,585.00 last November 18th, 2017 on Heritage. :x
  • Awesome Esoteric Archery cover with Overstreet labeling it as an "Injury to the Eye Cover" :roflmao:
  • There is a spanking panel under those covers!   :golfclap:(worship)
  • Patsy Walker born from the Golden Age Kilns has recently been re-discovered and brought to the Limelight through Marvel's latest success in Jessica Jones and the Defenders.
  • Cover Artist (credited by GCD.org) Al Jaffee was the brain-child behind Mad Magazines folding page to image novelty!

5a776e804d5cd_ScreenShot2018-02-04at9_51_40AM.thumb.png.ab006cf794f34700c98914bb0c81a9c5.png

THE BOOK:

patsy_walker_5_cgc_94_front.jpg.be26e3e308ccd1d456a8d71766ea1eb5.jpg

Back over

Spoiler

patsy_walker_5_cgc_94_back.jpg.560a3568179b82b8371a0506cd7c59f1.jpg

Edited by bounty_coder

53 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

What can I say? Such a generous gesture - good luck with the sale!:foryou:

Given the rarity now a days of people giving their lives towards something as meaningful as what you have with Roshni it only makes sense. I like the Karmic energy of rarity tying in with rarity. :x

It has come to my attention through a few conversations that my Sh@tty Cell Phone Picture taking skills really do not do this book justice :sorry:

With that said; I have compiled some past images from Heritage for both this "D" Copy and the Edgar Church Copy.  In looking through those; it is very interesting to see the wild contrast and color variation for each of the Church listings.  There were 3 years on record for the Church copy coming to market; 2007, 2014, 2017 and each image scan has a fairly wild variation to it; some much brighter, some much more saturated; some darker; all leading to a quite different looking book.  Case in point it is tough to truly judge a book based on scans online!

Providing more details shortly...

2006 Heritage Scan First (or on the Left) depending on if your screen is showing side-by-side or top-bottom.

2008 Heritage Scan Second (or on the right).

You can see how variation in the scanning configuration makes the Title look more or less washed out and warms or cools the image a bit.

2006_patsy_walker_5_front_heritage_2006.thumb.jpeg.4924bd47830c779756ea1c09eca321d2.jpeg2008_patsy_walker_5_front_heritage_2008.jpeg.1321859d733941d04ca8b02b17dd3590.jpeg

2006 Heritage Scan First (or on the Left) depending on if your screen is showing side-by-side or top-bottom.

2008 Heritage Scan Second (or on the right).

2006_patsy_walker_5_back_heritage_2006.thumb.jpeg.b3f6be350e916c195e330dfecfbd97c8.jpeg2008_patsy_walker_5_back_heritage_2008.jpeg.4b281b36b8ef5b201863c7da0d2ae929.jpeg

For fun.  Looking at the old Church Copy and the Crippen copy.

Church  2017 Heritage Scan First (or on the Left) depending on if your screen is showing side-by-side or top-bottom.

Crippen 2008 Heritage Scan Second (or on the right).

Church: You can tell by looking at the blacks (text) and vest that the Church scan was brightened significantly and probably has the contrast/saturation exaggerated a bit.  Settings make it much warmer than it probably is.

Crippen: Scan looks closer to what you would expect to see as you can see from the CGC Label blue colors and black text.  Comes off much cooler in color due to scan settings.

2018_patsy_walker_5_front_heritage_MileHigh.thumb.jpeg.ff2e02286d22fe78c85d6a399e381179.jpeg2008_patsy_walker_5_front_heritage_2008.jpeg.01b4b2721edadd21bf95d8dbef4e7799.jpeg

2018_patsy_walker_5_back_heritage_MileHigh.jpeg

2008_patsy_walker_5_back_heritage_2008.jpeg

Spanking the price down a little bit.  Seeing if I can raise some funds prior to Emerald City Comic Con :x

5a7d02cb66a40_ScreenShot2018-02-04at1_11_25PM.png.12a82ffaf2813f2e6091e38e902f50a4.png

Today for your viewing pleasure is a copy of:

• Patsy Walker #5 by Timely from 1946 (yes that is 72 years old!).
  • CGC Graded 9.4 with Off-White/White Pages.  Only 4 graded total.  None Higher.  Next lowest 6.5.
  • Pedigree Davis Crippen "D" Copy only rivaled by the Mile High Edgar Church 9.4 OW/W copy.
  • Asking: $3,500.00 USD -> $3,200.00 USD
  • This copy does have improvable defects. Light non-breaking spine.  Not promoting this but stating what I have observed; could technically be a 9.6 I believe.

Adding here because it only feels right.  $100 of the proceeds if this book sells will be sent to @Flex Mentallo for  the amazing Roshni cause. 

Some Facts:

• Edgar Church's old copy sold for $3,585.00 last November 18th, 2017 on Heritage. :x
  • Awesome Esoteric Archery cover with Overstreet labeling it as an "Injury to the Eye Cover" :roflmao:
  • There is a spanking panel under those covers!   :golfclap:(worship)
  • Patsy Walker born from the Golden Age Kilns has recently been re-discovered and brought to the Limelight through Marvel's latest success in Jessica Jones and the Defenders.
  • Cover Artist (credited by GCD.org) Al Jaffee was the brain-child behind Mad Magazines folding page to image novelty!

Doing one more drop before before putting this purty thing back in my comic purse. 

Tied for highest (next lowest 6.5) only 4 copies graded, unique cover concept; spanking panels, one of the lower total copy census total issues of the Patsy Walker series. Church 9.4 OW/W copy went over $3,500 in last November's Heritage auction :whatthe:

• Asking: $3,500.00 USD -> $3,200.00 USD -> $3,1000.00 :gossip: