• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEBRUARY FLURRY ............................NEW Books 2/17...page 10
5 5

295 posts in this topic

That's it for now...... I might toss in a few more things later.....I've got some mid grade 10 and 12 cent DC and Charlton Romance and some BA Charlton Horror, don't know if I've got time to photo them all.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

ADVENTURE COMICS 75.............................................5.0.............................................OW.........................................................$ 400 ....Was a CGC 6.0 Blue label "small amount of glue on spine"....early Kirby Thor

S4LK5Yu.jpg

isb6y16.jpg

:takeit:

29 minutes ago, Electron said:
3 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

ADVENTURE COMICS 75.............................................5.0.............................................OW.........................................................$ 400 ....Was a CGC 6.0 Blue label "small amount of glue on spine"....early Kirby Thor

S4LK5Yu.jpg

isb6y16.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks, Russ...... I know you'll love it as much as I did. It's the Rockford Copy...... I still remember reading the reprint of this one back in the early 70's and just being blown away by that vintage Simon and Kirby. I think it was in one of those 100 pagers. I read it on our stoop until it got too dark to read :cloud9:..... it was part of the Janiewicz (sp?) collection that Heritage offered about ten years ago..... this one was bought by him second hand, but his original owner Silver Age books were just off the hook.... GOD BLESS...

2 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Thanks, Russ...... I know you'll love it as much as I did. It's the Rockford Copy...... I still remember reading the reprint of this one back in the early 70's and just being blown away by that vintage Simon and Kirby. I think it was in one of those 100 pagers. I read it on our stoop until it got too dark to read :cloud9:..... it was part of the Janiewicz (sp?) collection that Heritage offered about ten years ago..... this one was bought by him second hand, but his original owner Silver Age books were just off the hook.... GOD BLESS...

I sure will! I spied the little Rockford "S" right away. The book is just loaded in my opinion. Burnley Starman, Bailey Hourman, S&K Thor plus their killer Manhunter splash. This will be the third copy I've owned. I think I'll hold on to this one!

1 minute ago, Electron said:

I sure will! I spied the little Rockford "S" right away. The book is just loaded in my opinion. Burnley Starman, Bailey Hourman, S&K Thor plus their killer Manhunter splash. This will be the third copy I've owned. I think I'll hold on to this one!

The price is certainly reasonable enough..... I remember when the Adventures from 73 to 80 wouldn't last through a whole show..... with the dual S&K features and the rest of that stellar line-up..... just good comics all the way through ..... like More Fun. GOD BLESS...

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

This one Jimjum if it was the Sandman story.

8C15AE73-C242-4113-9E03-A20DD081D174.jpeg.4ff9bafc874257a0c68db002135a9fd5.jpeg

This is one if it was the Manhunter story.

581B1A9B-6F70-44A9-9369-D3386A8BB616.jpeg.b881d5f99f7b2478a279f9dc9a76472d.jpeg

Edited by N e r V

8 hours ago, N e r V said:

How can you not love the splash pages alone???

A31C157B-2D69-474A-9C6E-CB0705F02A45.thumb.jpeg.f5037028af5a8defa933cae118b53f94.jpeg36ADA40B-59AA-4AF0-ABCA-D3B4E6818F60.thumb.jpeg.193d532e6d6a7bb42efc93acb860341b.jpeg96CA0D3F-39EB-4AB2-BA00-8EFB5AFDAFF8.thumb.jpeg.e808220cbf062b8f0831294d997c6f65.jpeg09AE0119-8CB7-4420-8421-8A9B04FB2A38.thumb.jpeg.2b1e1670b06ca6250b376e5edc9b2a61.jpeg

People just don't realize what they're missing...... the one casualty of the slab era..... but time marches on, eh ? ..... everything changes. GOD BLESS...

1 minute ago, 90sChild said:

What is meant by OO copies?  

Original Owner ....... bought directly from the person who bought them off the stands..... and usually still in high grade despite the passing of many decades. It's a term usually applied to Bronze and earlier, when folks didn't take as good care of their books, if they even kept them at all. GOD BLESS...

1 hour ago, Norrin's lawyer said:

I'll take the 4 Doctor Strange books.   Those are beauties.

Yes they are ......and very well done for the time. When I was buying books at the stands in the 60's, I shied away from them.... probably because I was young and they were a little too sophisticated for me. GOD BLESS...

On 2/17/2018 at 6:30 PM, jimjum12 said:

DAGAR 21 ................................................2.0...............................................................C/OW.................................................$ 105 ..... Tons of GGA in this one, top staple is gone with some rust migration to paper there..... stains  and p.o. front cover...

3WjFy5z.jpg

3FKdmRt.jpg

Take per pm.

On 2/17/2018 at 6:34 PM, jimjum12 said:

ATOMIC ATTACK 8 .................................................6.5..........................................................OW.......................................................$ 225 ......Small piece out at top cover, o/w high grade.

3LCoAFf.jpg

Take per pm.