• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #73

41 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, kimik said:

hm

1 hour ago, kimik said:

Clink copy is still sitting at $1700 with just an hour and a bit left. 

I'll hazard a guess that it closes north of $3,000. (Not my book nor do I intend to bid on it.)

31 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I'll hazard a guess that it closes north of $3,000. (Not my book nor do I intend to bid on it.)

Nice to put a stake in the ground, I will take the under.

edited: I should mention, my ability to predict hammer prices sucks except for items I am bidding on.

Edited by batman_fan

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:
32 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

edited: I should mention, my ability to predict hammer prices sucks except for items I am bidding on.

And mine sucks, including items I'm bidding on!

34 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
36 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

And mine sucks, including items I'm bidding on!

As I just proved once again! :acclaim:

Did you snag it for $1800?  If yes, that is a good price. Congrats!

I was going to bid it up a bit to add another copy, but since I am chasing some other books tomorrow (a few Silver and Bronze keys/hot books to restock for the Calgary Expo) I decided to hold off. 

Prices were soft today on a number of books I placed early low tracking bids on. It is too bad that I am tapped out now due to house renos as there were quite a few deals to be found. Maybe I am just seeing things, but I have noticed a trend recently that the first day of early year auctions tend to be weaker than later in the year. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

31 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

As I just proved once again! :acclaim:

I was actually surprised at the final hammer on several of the Batman's in this auction.

Batman 1, 5.0 conserved for $82k :whatthe:

Batman 4 in 7.5 for $7.1k :whatthe: :cry:

Batman 6 in 6.0 for under $2k good price for the winner

Batman 19 in 9.4 for $16.75k Way more than I expected but really nice looking book.

Batman 37 for just under $2.6k (although eye appeal was a little lacking) a little under what I expected

Batman 44 in 3.0 Voldamort for $800 :whatthe:

Batman 65 in 9.0 for $8.5k but a really nice looking copy

10 hours ago, kimik said:

Did you snag it for $1800?  If yes, that is a good price. Congrats!

I was going to bid it up a bit to add another copy, but since I am chasing some other books tomorrow (a few Silver and Bronze keys/hot books to restock for the Calgary Expo) I decided to hold off. 

Prices were soft today on a number of books I placed early low tracking bids on. It is too bad that I am tapped out now due to house renos as there were quite a few deals to be found. Maybe I am just seeing things, but I have noticed a trend recently that the first day of early year auctions tend to be weaker than later in the year. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

No, I was just speculating on the hammer price.  It seemed like a sharp copy and with Joker covers being the bee's knees these days ....  

13 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I was actually surprised at the final hammer on several of the Batman's in this auction.

Batman 1, 5.0 conserved for $82k :whatthe:

Batman 4 in 7.5 for $7.1k :whatthe: :cry:

Batman 6 in 6.0 for under $2k good price for the winner

Batman 19 in 9.4 for $16.75k Way more than I expected but really nice looking book.

Batman 37 for just under $2.6k (although eye appeal was a little lacking) a little under what I expected

Batman 44 in 3.0 Voldamort for $800 :whatthe:

Batman 65 in 9.0 for $8.5k but a really nice looking copy

Are the prices too high, or too low? Every auction is different, it's hard to tell anymore.

7 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Are the prices too high, or too low? Every auction is different, it's hard to tell anymore.

I would say Batman 1, 4, 19, 44, and 65 were high but 6, 37 and 73 were low.

Edited by batman_fan

I'm partial to the 73 too probably because it's drawn by the best (imo) Golden Age Batman artist Sprang.  Had the 44 been drawn by Sprang I might have gone that way.  23 is by Sprang as well but 73 tops it.