• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay: comicmylars???
3 3

54 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ikt said:

He's an extremely unethical seller that I wouldn't recommend anyone do business with unless they are willing to be taken completely advantage of. Wait for the market to squeeze people like him and buy his books at a discount.

I made an offer on one of his listing and he responded by raising the price by over $500. Wasn't a "nice guy" at all when I emailed him to ask why he did it. Extremely condescending and dismissive. He has some great stuff, but he's very shifty and should only be bargained with once he feels the pinch of the economy dropping. Hold out on doing business with him.

well, his prices are so stup*d that i'm still amazed he ever sells anything, but i guess occasionally he does. too bad, cause he does have some good stuff. but life's too short to deal with people like that. 

On 2/5/2018 at 11:17 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

i'm sure some of you are very familiar with this seller on ebay. always has great key books, often several copies. also always priced really high over GPA and auction prices. i've never had a response to any message ever sent him/her about any book for sale and i've never seen one of their books actually sell. what's the deal? anyone here actually acquire one of his/ her books?

Not clear on the comment "never seen one of their books actually sell". Just look at his sold items. Sells multiple books basically every day. I don't know the seller at all, so I can't comment on the buying experience, but the guy has over 7000 feedback and is at 100%, so he's got to be doing something right. Big books, big sales, great feedback....nothing wrong with any of that.

2 hours ago, Motor City Rob said:

Not clear on the comment "never seen one of their books actually sell". Just look at his sold items. Sells multiple books basically every day. I don't know the seller at all, so I can't comment on the buying experience, but the guy has over 7000 feedback and is at 100%, so he's got to be doing something right. Big books, big sales, great feedback....nothing wrong with any of that.

perhaps you noticed this post was from almost three years ago? i have not used feebay lately, but as of three years ago, the guy was routinely many thousands higher than GPA on every single key book. never took offers either. so, i stand by the original post. maybe he's come down closer to reality these days. plenty of buyers there are also not aware of market prices, so getting some happy customers who overpaid for a book does not mean he is not still ridiculously overpriced. the person who resurrected this thread certainly indicated that. 

13 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

perhaps you noticed this post was from almost three years ago? i have not used feebay lately, but as of three years ago, the guy was routinely many thousands higher than GPA on every single key book. never took offers either. so, i stand by the original post. maybe he's come down closer to reality these days. plenty of buyers there are also not aware of market prices, so getting some happy customers who overpaid for a book does not mean he is not still ridiculously overpriced. the person who resurrected this thread certainly indicated that. 

It's called free enterprise.  Looks like a very reputable seller from the looks of it.

1 hour ago, Getyourcomicshere said:

It's called free enterprise.  Looks like a very reputable seller from the looks of it.

i guess we know comicmylars handle here on the boards now.

after checking, his prices for keys are still a joke. $9500 for a 1.5 hulk 1, 20k for an xmen 1 uk 4.0! i'll stick with what i said before, tough to believe he ever sells anything. but apparently he sells other lower priced non-keys. so that appears to be where he gets feedback from. 

Edited by www.alexgross.com

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i guess we know comicmylars handle here on the boards now.

after checking, his prices for keys are still a joke. $9500 for a 1.5 hulk 1, 20k for an xmen 1 uk 4.0! i'll stick with what i said before, tough to believe he ever sells anything. but apparently he sells other lower priced non-keys. so that appears to be where he gets feedback from. 

It appears that you have a personal gripe with this seller.  Maybe you need to just relax and breathe.

5 hours ago, Getyourcomicshere said:

Not sure about that. Maybe I am mistaken, but wasn’t this the guy repackaging poly bags and trying to pass them as Mylar?

11 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

He's offering the Superman #1 CGCG 5.5 Restored, old label in two different auctions.  Is that allowed on eBay

1.thumb.jpg.0b99e63c50d652a771b53fca4aa1019a.jpg

I don’t know if this practice is specifically addressed one way or the other eBay’s listing terms, but it’s seems to be “a thing” as I’ve run across more than one seller doing it.  The latest is a seller listing PotA mags individually and also as a group and photoshopping out issues from the group when they sell individually. 

I guess eBay’s position is that if you can keep it all straight that’s fine, but if you sell one and can’t adjust before selling the other then the customer service issues and possible negative feedback are going to be on you. 

On 2/1/2021 at 10:31 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

well, his prices are so stup*d that i'm still amazed he ever sells anything, but i guess occasionally he does. too bad, cause he does have some good stuff. but life's too short to deal with people like that. 

I agree. I intend to avoid him and advise others do the same and not encourage this kind of selling. I've never dealt with such a horrible high end seller. No respect for his customers. Maybe the $3000 book I wanted to buy was too "small potatoes" for him that he didn't mind treating me disrespectfully (shrug). I'd rather give my business to someone who appreciates it when I do and doesn't try to exploit me. 

Edited by ikt

On 2/3/2021 at 8:30 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

He's offering the Superman #1 CGCG 5.5 Restored, old label in two different auctions.  Is that allowed on eBay

1.thumb.jpg.0b99e63c50d652a771b53fca4aa1019a.jpg

I think he's done something similar with other listings. For example he would have a regular bin listing for a jacked up price while simultaneously having a 5 - 7 day auction for the same book at a lower starting bid -- sort of like a teaser auction. So evidently this is within the rules. It just requires a willingness to risk negative feedback on a double sale.

His listings last for years. I've been following a few of them since 2017. He is a legit seller though. He has a load of keys and a load of patience to wait for the right buyers. 

I have started communicating with the mysterious Comicmylar on e-bay. I want a big book (for me) and I am finding an overall lack of information troubling. While I get answers, I am hoping for more details.