• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink question

12 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, rsouxlja7 said:

I paid by check for recent auction winnings and the check just cleared my bank. Is there a place on the website that where I can see on their end that the payment was received or an updated order information page? 

Not that I'm aware of.  You should have your books by April.

Call them and ask.  I have always found them to have exceptional customer service depending on how you conduct yourself.  I am being serious.  They have done a lot for me over the years whenever I have had a question about something.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Call them and ask.  I have always found them to have exceptional customer service depending on how you conduct yourself.  I am being serious.  They have done a lot for me over the years whenever I have had a question about something.

I would second this, they have great customer service. If you call them they can tell you when you should be able to expect your package to ship.

Sometimes when you go to the order details page it will tell you that it shipped, but, yeah, it's a tense process and not the fastest. I also have an account with FedEx... it's not a business account, you just go on their website and create just a user account... CLink has always shipped to me via FedEx and I always get the tracking info for any FE package coming to my house, so that's usually when I find out the package is coming. We've pretty much all been there, just hold tight.

3 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

I paid by check for recent auction winnings and the check just cleared my bank. Is there a place on the website that where I can see on their end that the payment was received or an updated order information page? 

If you are anxious to get your books, you should have paid with a CC. If you pay with check, you are probably talking about a month.  They process the books in the order payment was received. Naturally, if you pay with CC, you get in the queue faster. This was a really big auction so I suspect it's a long queue. In this last auction I paid with CC and they shipped my books next day. Totally worth the 3% fee. 

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

2 hours ago, mysterio said:

I would second this, they have great customer service. If you call them they can tell you when you should be able to expect your package to ship.

Thirded, just today I worked out a minor billing mix-up with them.  Took all of 5 minutes on the phone.  I would suggest calling for an update, e-mail is probably inundated since the January auction just ended.

5 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Thirded, just today I worked out a minor billing mix-up with them.  Took all of 5 minutes on the phone.  I would suggest calling for an update, e-mail is probably inundated since the January auction just ended.

I agree with everything said about Clink's excellent customer service. However, in this case, there is no real 'problem' to resolve. If the check just cleared, I believe you have to wait 10 business days. This was a huge auction, with lots to ship out, I really doubt if they will give him a specific answer as to date of shipment. I suspect they will simply state he is in the queue.

Pay by check = patiently wait 30+ days for book(s) but save the 3% fee

Pay by CC = get book(s) in 3-5 days but pay a 3% fee

Based on my auction wins, I determine what option to use - I want it now, pay by credit card. If I don't mind waiting on the slow boat, I pay by check.

-bc

1 hour ago, bc said:

Pay by check = patiently wait 30+ days for book(s) but save the 3% fee

Pay by CC = get book(s) in 3-5 days but pay a 3% fee

Based on my auction wins, I determine what option to use - I want it now, pay by credit card. If I don't mind waiting on the slow boat, I pay by check.

-bc

Generally everything I win is for my collection, so I’d rather save the 3%. It can really add up!