• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S PIECES AND PARTS ONE SHOT: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 SOLD AND CLOSED!
3 3

22 posts in this topic

Greetings, Gang!

During  my   recent PIECES  AND  PARTS  thread,   there  was one  book  I  debated selling  too long  to do a  good  job prepping  to  sell  it.

The book  is  Amazing  Spider-Man #1.  I  bought  a  coverless  copy  for  practically  nothing  a  quarter  century  ago,  and it  was  my  reading
copy  for  a  good  long  time until  I got  a  complete  copy.   THAT  copy  is  long  gone,  and  since  then  I've   used  the  coverless  book   for
parts  to   marry  up  two  more  complete copies.  I've  sold  both  of  those  since then,  and the way  the prices  have  jumped  in  the  years
since,  I'm  thinking I  should've hung onto  at  least one of  them,  lol

I kept  the bits  I  replaced  in  the  two  married  copies,  and   so  this  particular  poor  orphan  has  30 out of  the  original  32 original pages
in  this  copy...after  a  fashion. 

I've  been  asked  to  run  this  as  an  auction,   so I'm  going  to  give  that  a  shot.

Here's  the  setup.

This  auction  opens  tonight  at  9 PM  EST,  and  will  run  for 24 hours  until    9 PM  Thursday  evening  EST.  Highest  bid  that is 
time  stamped  by  8:59 PM  tomorrow night  wins  the  thread,    OR   the first  person  to  fly  the  flag  :takeit: in  the  thread  at 
the  BUY IT  NOW    price  wins.   No PM's,   no  lowballs,  just  highest  bid  or  flag.  

The  opening  bid  will  be  $250.

The  BIN  price is  $1000

I'll  post  all  the  scans,  fifteen  in  all,  along  with  descriptions,  just  before  9 PM,  about  an hour  from  now.

Good  luck to all!

Edited by catrick339
fix the typo

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1

FIRST  WRAP

FRONT  HALF  ONLY,  BACK  HALF, WHICH I THINK WAS AN
AD PAGE,  IS  MISSING
qKaAh0L.jpg

SECOND  WRAP IS  COMPLETE

FRONT  HALF
6w5tT3T.jpg

REAR HALF
1Vg5iiY.jpg

THIRD  WRAP  IS  COMPLETE,  BUT  HAS  A  SEMICIRCULAR  HOLD  BURNT,   EVEDINTLY  WITH  
A  CIGARETTE,  INTO  THE  CENTER  REAR HALF

FRONT HALF
FwgZd1j.jpg

REAR HALF
fKFnJhO.jpg

FOURTH  WRAP  HAS  TWO  LARGE  PIECES  CLIPPED  OUT,   SEE  SCAN.   REAR  HALF  IS  COMPLETE

FRONT  HALF
3AJMc6T.jpg

REAR HALF
QR7Oz3c.jpg

FIFTH  WRAP HAS  TWO  PIECES  CLIPPED  OUT,   SEE  SCAN.   REAR  HALF  IS COMPLETE

FRONT  HALF
DeUD2QA.jpg

REAR HALF
CQSidbU.jpg

WRAP 6 IS COMPLETE,  BUT HAS TWO SMALL HOLES  BURNT  INTO THE FIRST HALF.
THE  FLIP  SIDE  HAS SPIDEY  SWINGING,  WITH  HIS  EYES  BURNT OUT

FRONT HALF
tj5mbvS.jpg

REAR HALF
bCXorCC.jpg

SEVENTH  WRAP  HAS   A PIECE  CLIPPED OUT  OF  FRONT  HALF,   REAR HALF  IS  COMPLETE

FRONT HALF
pLZh8jI.jpg

REAR HALF
dUURrb5.jpg

EIGHTH  WRAP, THE CENTERFOLD,  IS  COMPLETE BUT  HAS  TWO  MORE HOLES  BURNT  THROUGH. 
FLIP  SIDE  HAS  A  "WANTED" POSTER OF  SPIDER-MAN  WITH,  ONCE  AGAIN,  THE  EYES  BURNT 
THROUGH.  ALAS,  THE PERILS OF SMOKING!  REAR  HALF IS COMPLETE.

FRONT HALF
N5wtyXi.jpg

REAR HALF
GGcqsy5.jpg

And there you have it.  

(Most of)  a  coverless  Spidey  1.

Minimum  bid  $250

Buy It Now  $1000

EDIT

Minimum increase in the bid of $25

Auction  ends  at  9:00  PM  Thursday  night,  EST. 

EDIT

Oh,  I  suppose  I  should  mention  DA  RULEZ

$8  Priority  Mail,  or  $4.50 First  Class.  Shipping  to  Canada  is  $16,   anywhere  else   at  exact  cost, TBD by  taking  the package 
to  the  Post Office  to  get  a  quote. 

Return  for  any  reason  within  a week  of  receipt  for any  reason  on  your  dime. 

No  HOS  or  Probies. 

Check  or  Money  order  GREATLY   PREFERRED. 

Paypal  if  you  just  gotta. 

Edited by catrick339
edited

6 hours ago, JustJimN said:

Is there a minimum increment?

I hadn't given it any thougt, but it looks like Norrin's lawyer has set the precedent.  Minimum bump of $25.

Edited by catrick339

9 hours ago, catrick339 said:

I  was  just  asked  in  a  PM  if  I  ship  to  Canada. 

Sure  do,    cost  for  a  well  packed  comic  to  Our  Northern  Neighbors  is  $16

Having bought from Rick a couple times recently, I can confirm on the "well packed" statement.