• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Hush Covers - The Poll
2 2

What are your favorite covers from the Batman "Hush" storyline? YOU MAY CHOOSE UP TO FIVE  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite covers from the Batman "Hush" storyline? YOU MAY CHOOSE UP TO FIVE

• 608 1st print (flying/boot)
    • 608 2nd print (standing/skyline)
    • 608 RRP variant (Bats/Hush)
    • 619 1st print (heroes)
    • 619 2nd print (chessboard)

67 posts in this topic

Given the disagreement regarding the quality/ranking of the Batman #618 cover coming up for auction, I thought it would be fun to do a poll where people can vote for their favorite covers from the Batman "Hush" storyline by Jeph Loeb, Jim Lee & Scott Williams that appeared in Batman #608-619!  

I have deliberately excluded the two multi-board gatefold covers to #619, but am including the RRP variant to #608 and the second printing covers to #608 and #619.

Anyway, to get a sense of what people's favorite covers are outside of the obvious choices, you may choose up to 5 picks in the poll above.  I see that the new Boards' polling system is a piece of # $^& and that you can no longer limit the number of picks that people can choose, so, please be on the honor system and limit your votes to FIVE.

Images of each of the covers in the poll to follow.

Edited by delekkerste

I haven't read them and Jim Lee's not my thing, but I like 608 2nd, 609, 610 and maybe 613.    I find them pretty 'meh' to be honest but I might be in the minority

I can't get past things like the ridiculous posing on 619.    

Edited by Bronty

25 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I haven't read them and Jim Lee's not my thing, but I like 608 2nd, 609, 610 and maybe 613.    I find them pretty 'meh' to be honest but I might be in the minority

Gonna have to agree here. The only two I don't hate (sorry Tru-Fans) are 608 (big kick, which one is that actually?) and 617. The rest I'd have been fine with never seeing in my life. I feel like I've seen them all at one time or another before, so I guess pretty derivative. Maybe that's a given though when doing superheros in the what sixth or seventh decade of the genre?

33 minutes ago, Bronty said:

To be fair, they're game pieces on a board, so at least there is some reason for it.

1 minute ago, Bronty said:

Thanks.   To be clear, I’m talkimg about the red 619 not the black.   Are bats and robin supposed to be game pieces on that one too?

Ah, gotcha. That looks like a more normal comic book cover to me, I don't love it either. I like the game piece one better.

It’s always been interesting to me, IMO the covers on Hush all together are pretty meh, while the interiors are some of the prettiest ever To grace a comic book. Probably a few dozen interiors I would rather own for my enjoyment over any cover. If I could have any one cover to Hush it would be 612 probably.

I'm not particularly impressed with the covers, but I'd say the 1st and 2nd printings of 608.

I should probably admit that I'm not a huge fan of Jim's artwork or any of the main Image guys; it's just not my style. Therefore, my votes are probably invalid.

Oddly enough, I did enjoy his Legion story in the ICONS book; bought the book for that story in fact. 

Yep, I prefer his Legion work over his Batman, Superman, and X-Men work though I own most or all of all three. :)

6 hours ago, Bronty said:

I agree with you