• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Key Monopoly Game
3 3

43 posts in this topic

How cool would it be to have a Monopoly game based on the Silver Age keys? AF 15 would replace Boardwalk. Park Place?  Hulk 1? SC 4? Marvin Gardens? St. James Place? Virginia Avenue? Connecticut Avenue? Mediterranean Avenue? Replace the Railroads with? 

Would be cool trading Silver Age key comics instead of real property.

Any suggestions for the Silver Age key Monopoly game?

Thanks!

john

1 hour ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I wonder what books would be best for the "utilities" -- solid, pricey, but no fluctuation up or down hm

Railroads could be the four biggest publishers? 

Wouldn't you have AF 1 and ASM 1 as Boardwalk and Park Place?

Then say FF 1 4 5 as Green,

Avengers 1 4 11/16/57?

and so forth

Then make a DC board.  Lots of 3 somes there - Showcase 22-24

I own this, it was given to me for Christmas 15 - 20 (longer???) years ago and the gift giver was extremely disappointed when I refused to open it and play with it stating "It is a Collectible".

It is still in its factory plastic wrapping and will not be opened while I am still the owner.

dzwga8.jpg

Edited by marvelmaniac

3 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

I own this, it was given to me for Christmas 15 - 20 (longer???) years ago and the gift giver was extremely disappointed when I refused to open it and play with it stating "It is a Collectible".

It is still in its factory plastic wrapping and will not be opened while I am still the owner.

dzwga8.jpg

Does it have a photo of the game board on the reverse side?

4 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

What about the following?

Go - Comics Code Authority? Go past the Code and collect $200?

Free Parking- Newsstand?

Jail- ?

Community Chest- ?

Chance- ?

Jail = Wertham or SOTI.

Community Chest (or Free Parking) = Free Comic Day 

On 2/10/2018 at 10:15 PM, 01TheDude said:

what year did that monopoly marvel comics come out? when did you get it as a present?

I do not remember exactly when I got it although the more I think about it more little details come back.

I have been in my apartment for 32 years and remembering where we were in my apartment when it was given to me at Christmas and the decor at the time it was probably around 1989/1990

Edited by marvelmaniac