• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harvey Horror Warehouse copies
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Someone who knows better may correct me, but from what I have seen (and purchased from guys who were in on the original lots) horror, humor and love titles from early 50s and up (and possibly earlier) were represented. All of the big issues (COC 19, 23; BC 50; TOT 15; WT 25) were there in quantity. Pre-horror Black Cat issues were also present. 

I don't think that earlier Harvey issues (Pocket sized stuff, Speeds, etc) were found at all, or at least not in quantity. 

Searching the Heritage archives should give a pretty good idea of the type of books that were present. 

46 minutes ago, GermanFan said:

Thxs for the info.

All the Harvey horror titles were represented in the warehouse find. But, not a copy of every issue. You can just check the CGC census records issue by issue and see several high grade copies of some issues and a lack of HG on some other issues. I was buying them back in the 80's, mainly from the old Sparkle City and another NY dealer who had multiple copies of the keys (BC 50, CC 19, 23, etc.). I remember handling 5 copies of BC 50 trying to determine which was the one nicest copy for me to purchase. Of course in hindsight, I should have bought them ALL!

In addition, I should add, those BC 50 copies were not all top grade. The nicest I picked out was about a F/Vf copy. The others ranged from VGF to FN/FN+. Not all the files  from the warehouse were HG. There were mid-grade and lower ones to be found.

2 hours ago, RICK STARR said:

All the Harvey horror titles were represented in the warehouse find. But, not a copy of every issue. You can just check the CGC census records issue by issue and see several high grade copies of some issues and a lack of HG on some other issues. I was buying them back in the 80's, mainly from the old Sparkle City and another NY dealer who had multiple copies of the keys (BC 50, CC 19, 23, etc.). I remember handling 5 copies of BC 50 trying to determine which was the one nicest copy for me to purchase. Of course in hindsight, I should have bought them ALL!

If Sparkle City was selling them, they probably wern't cheap at the time. But, by todays standards...