• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

xmen 101

7 posts in this topic

Found a file cabinet full of old comics in a storage locker (think storage wars), dont know much about comics other then what i've learned since i've picked these up, I do now know they are worth a whole lot more if they are graded, now just trying to figure out if they are worth getting graded.. here's a sample...

xmen0101front.jpeg

xmen0101back.jpeg

I believe this is a special little book.....30 cent Variant  cover .....limited distribution......now it all comes down to the grade .....the cover looks pretty good but i'd say the front and back appear 2 b a pretty  dirty........u can get it cleaned and I think that would help in the grade.....the back edges look pretty rough...there's some creases and what looks like a scratch and lots of tics on back spine....the back shows some wear on the edge also....there's some discoloration on the back also i believe .....The front has some issues on the bottom left corner area.....i have a feeling this book wasn't stored all that well.....the front spine in the middle has some ink bleeding or something.....some weird specs....or something......the corners have some wear but appear o.k. and the staples appear 2 b o.k. also.....there's a lot going on here and it adds up ...ask Triple Jay what he thinks.....he's pretty smart guy......I'm a newbie......a 6.0 is so 2 say flat and clean.....and this is so dirty i think it must b below that.....i'm gonna say 5.0

this sure looks 2 b a candidate for a cleaning......maybe some of the others will offer there opinion on that.........pay attention 2 what the others say more than me.....I'm a newbie.....

if this comic book was a 9.2 it might b worth around 650.00   but as is,.....,,if it's a 5.0 it might b around 65.00 to 70.00 and then i wouldn't think it would b worth getting certified........................this is all nothing more than newbie speculation.......good luck.....

13 hours ago, Jrs1972 said:

Found a file cabinet full of old comics in a storage locker (think storage wars), dont know much about comics other then what i've learned since i've picked these up, I do now know they are worth a whole lot more if they are graded, now just trying to figure out if they are worth getting graded.. here's a sample...

Welcome to the boards!

I think the pics are way too dark and a bit small. I can't tell if there are stains on the back cover, or just dirt? The front looks great... wild guess but I'll say 6.5 or thereabouts. A nice copy, but not sure it's worth getting graded.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

Welcome to the boards!

I think the pics are way too dark and a bit small. I can't tell if there are stains on the back cover, or just dirt? The front looks great... wild guess but I'll say 6.5 or thereabouts. A nice copy, but not sure it's worth getting graded.

+1. We need larger brighter pics on this one.

Great colors just a little too much going on with some flaws especially on that back cover.  Just my .02 but I don't think a book is worth grading unless you think it

can get a 9.0 or better.  Unless you have a KEY book, or something worth a couple hundred or more.  Don't waste your money spending $35-$45 to get a book graded

that is worth less than $100.00 or so.   OH, I would grade this one a 5.5 IMHO.