• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need more Rare Indie key books - Small Press publishers! Any Suggestions?
5 5

106 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, oakman29 said:

NOT!

Ok. I was just asking. Maybe it's just an early apearance. According to Miracle Man's wiki it says that Marvelman #25 (1954) is his first appearance.

20 minutes ago, BWadeS said:

Ok. I was just asking. Maybe it's just an early apearance. According to Miracle Man's wiki it says that Marvelman #25 (1954) is his first appearance.

Marvelman isn't Miracle Man.

Welcome to the boards.

44 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Marvelman isn't Miracle Man.

Welcome to the boards.

Thanks. You're correct that Marvelman isn't Miracle Man, but according to Miracle Man's wiki page, his (Miracle Man) first appearance was in Marvelman #25.

On May 30, 2018 at 9:38 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Anyone can edit Wikipedia to say anything they want it to.

I know that. So are you saying that the information is incorrect?

On 5/30/2018 at 9:38 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Anyone can edit Wikipedia to say anything they want it to. And they can change my comments here on the board to tell people that :banana:

It's not just Wikipedia...

I am finding on some of these books it is hard to gauge market value. For instance what does a SIP 1 first print 9.8 go for nowadays, only like 6 or 7 ever graded that high. Same with Death rattle 8 9.8 which was shared earlier in the thread. Others like Aledbo 2 setting high records (9.4 blue sold for $7K last week). I just don't want to break the bank but also want to be competitive.

On 5/27/2018 at 8:10 PM, b_Wade_s said:

Marvelman #25 is the first appearance of Marvelman.  Alan Moore and Garry Leach revived Marvelman in Warrior #1 in 1982, reprinted in Miracleman #1. Moore retconned the character's previous appearances as stories fed to him while he was kept sedated. When Moore and Alan Davis worked on Captain Britain, the Fury killed various heroes of Earth-238, who were based on classic British comics characters, e.g. Android Andy = Robot Archie, Tom Rosetta = Kelly's Eye, Miracleman, = Marvelman, the Arachnid = the Spider, Puppetman = Dollmann, Colonel Tusker = General Jumbo, Gaath = Garth, Iron Tallon = the Steel Claw, Roy Risk = Dan Dare. Their gravestones were shown in Marvel Superheroes #388, with the deaths shown in flashback in the Daredevils #7. Miracle Man was the villain in Fantastic Four #3 :-)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/earth239.htm

Cavewoman #1 (the original 6-issue limited series by Budd Root -- Cavewoman's first appearance)  -- I absolutely loved this book when it came out. Budd Root's dinosaurs were incredibly drawn, second only to Schultz, and the story was a lot of fun. Very loyal fanbase. A 9.8 copy is near-impossible to find. (This is not my copy of the book. Just plucked the image off of an eBay listing.)

Cavewoman 1.png

Edited by Legion HQ

15 hours ago, Legion HQ said:

Cavewoman #1 (the original 6-issue limited series by Budd Root -- Cavewoman's first appearance)  -- I absolutely loved this book when it came out. Budd Root's dinosaurs were incredibly drawn, second only to Schultz, And William Stout

Fixed :bigsmile:

Love this thread! Can't get even of them obscure indie books, actually I prefer hunting these instead of common hero books. Here's one to add to the list, I believe this book could be a Earthworm Jim prototype appearance. They Called Him Evil by Doug Tennapel cover date 1991, which features a villain called Evil the Cat from EWJ! Recently pick this up with some other fun ones

IMG_5412.JPG