Need more Rare Indie key books - Small Press publishers! Any Suggestions?
7 7

88 posts in this topic

26 posts

Love this thread! Can't get even of them obscure indie books, actually I prefer hunting these instead of common hero books. Here's one to add to the list, I believe this book could be a Earthworm Jim prototype appearance. They Called Him Evil by Doug Tennapel cover date 1991, which features a villain called Evil the Cat from EWJ! Recently pick this up with some other fun ones

IMG_5412.JPG

7,002 posts
31 minutes ago, Spikenector said:

Love this thread! Can't get even of them obscure indie books, actually I prefer hunting these instead of common hero books. Here's one to add to the list, I believe this book could be a Earthworm Jim prototype appearance. They Called Him Evil by Doug Tennapel cover date 1991, which features a villain called Evil the Cat from EWJ! Recently pick this up with some other fun ones

IMG_5412.JPG

Love the Phantom Lady :foryou: 

45,468 posts
On 2/2/2019 at 5:07 PM, Spikenector said:

IMG_5412.JPG

Meeting you at Terry's show,  and talking with you,seeing the stuff you collect.  You certainly have great taste in comics and toys.

7,183 posts
On February 27, 2018 at 12:27 PM, NoMan said:

I never hear anyone speak of it. I have no idea the Renegade Press print run. There was even a 2 volume TPB collection of the 6 issues or so with a forward by Frank Miller. 

It's really a crime this isn't held in a higher light.

Oh, how about Chester Brown's original Yummy Fur zine?

Amazing little series. I don't come across them much but I bought the tpb set once to read it through. It's 4 volumes total. It was maybe a dozen issues if you're hunting the originals, I think. 

45,468 posts

Has anyone mentioned The Crow 1-4 on Caliber yet? 

Probably one of the best stories ever told, in any age.

42,051 posts
2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Has anyone mentioned The Crow 1-4 on Caliber yet? 

Probably one of the best stories ever told, in any age.

You did, back on page 1. #playitagainsam

45,468 posts
2 hours ago, seanfingh said:

You did, back on page 1. #playitagainsam

:roflmao: oops!

12,233 posts

Fangraphix Magazine is a good one, published by the future NOW Comics and edited by the future Ralph Snart star Marc Hansen, with the first couple Snart appearances in the third and fourth issues. I got mine from Milehigh for like $4 each in NM, and they arrived still wrapped in that brittle cellophane the publisher had shipped them in. I can't imagine these things have any sort of print run to brag about. Not like Ralph Snart is getting a movie deal any time soon or anything but I'm a fan, and NOW Comics has contributed to the industry in it's own way back in the 80's.