Are the banner ads in more places now?
1 1

Question

9,685 posts

I've always noticed the ones at the top of the page, but recently I've noticed additional, banner-type ads just after the first topic in a section:

For Example:

Capture.JPG

In the screenshot above, the ComicLink ad above Comics General would be what I consider normal for the banner ad placement. However, there is now one between the first and second topic (example being the Pedigree Ad in the screenshot above) in every section of the forum I have been to.

Can these additional banner ads be moved someplace else (like the bottom of the page)? They really break up the flow of the boards.

7 answers to this question

6,393 posts

They seem to be after the first post on each page of all threads too. We all know why advertising is important, but it would be nice if consideration could be given once in a while to managing the viewing pleasure of the sites membership. No admin staff work at the weekend so you'll be lucky to see a response before Monday DeadOne. 

1,982 posts

Thanks for your feedback. I forwarded this to our marketing department to see what we can do.

9,685 posts
48 minutes ago, dena said:

Thanks for your feedback. I forwarded this to our marketing department to see what we can do.

Thank you, Dena.

1,982 posts

Those banner ads should not have been displaying like that and have been removed. 

9,685 posts
1 minute ago, dena said:

Those banner ads should not have been displaying like that and have been removed. 

:whee:

Much better.

:foryou: