• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you kidding me?
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Dunno... calling it a 9.4 with the extreme dust shadow front and back looks like a stretch.  Not a copy I’d  wanna pay much for... but $700 or so might be a good deal.  

Always tough for me to grade and price stuff with flaws Cgc doesn’t punish much, but that are such eyesores.

Edited by szavisca

21 hours ago, eccomic said:

OMG...who picked this gem up with the BIN :whatthe:

Rangers 26 ROCKFORD

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ROCKFORD-PEDIGREE-RANGERS-26-CLASSIC-HEADLIGHT-CVR-WW-II/323053991450?hash=item4b3784b61a:g:6ZIAAOSwnlFad8vj

Somebody stole this beauty.

I won it. 

Seller says that the book was dropped off at the USPS on Wednesday, but USPS has no record of the package and tracking has not updated. 

I suspect I got backdoored, but I obviously have no proof. If I did, and if it was someone on here that did it, I hope your collection dies in a fire. 

Edited by october

1 minute ago, october said:
21 hours ago, eccomic said:

OMG...who picked this gem up with the BIN :whatthe:

Rangers 26 ROCKFORD

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ROCKFORD-PEDIGREE-RANGERS-26-CLASSIC-HEADLIGHT-CVR-WW-II/323053991450?hash=item4b3784b61a:g:6ZIAAOSwnlFad8vj

Somebody stole this beauty.

I won it. 

Seller says that the book was dropped off at the USPS on Wednesday, but USPS has no record of the package and tracking has not updated. 

I suspect I got backdoored, but I obviously have no proof. If I did, and if it was someone on here that did it, I hope your collection dies in a fire. 

Bummer!  A plague on both the seller and the buyer, if this is what happened.  :mad:

The boards are pretty good at keeping track of such things, so if this book is graded and resurfaces, the nogoodnik will be discovered.

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Bummer!  A plague on both the seller and the buyer, if this is what happened.  :mad:

The boards are pretty good at keeping track of such things, so if this book is graded and resurfaces, the nogoodnik will be discovered.

Still hoping there was some mixup. I will keep the boards updated. 

11 minutes ago, october said:

I won it. 

:frown:

3 hours ago, october said:

I won it. 

Andy, was it shipped directly through USPS or possibly through Canadian mail.  I know the listing and location say US and shipped from US but his listings are in Canadian dollars.  I know I am reaching but just a thought.  

And isn't there a way on Ebay to look up or request a member's contact info?  A seller from whom I bought was able to find out my cell number because he had sent the wrong item and wanted me to know to keep the wrong one and he was sending what I had ordered (not a comic book, btw).  Just wondering if you can get more contact info and see if it matches where and who you sent the PP payment.  Could be a hi-jacked account or give you a phone number to call.

And last thought, I have had a few items take a few days before USPS info was updated.  Does the tracking show just that a label was created or no record at all of the tracking number?

Did you pay on the 4th or later to see how many days from alleged mailing to now?

Good luck and I do hope it turns up and is what was described. 

Edited by telerites

13 hours ago, telerites said:

Andy, was it shipped directly through USPS or possibly through Canadian mail.  I know the listing and location say US and shipped from US but his listings are in Canadian dollars.  I know I am reaching but just a thought.  

And isn't there a way on Ebay to look up or request a member's contact info?  A seller from whom I bought was able to find out my cell number because he had sent the wrong item and wanted me to know to keep the wrong one and he was sending what I had ordered (not a comic book, btw).  Just wondering if you can get more contact info and see if it matches where and who you sent the PP payment.  Could be a hi-jacked account or give you a phone number to call.

And last thought, I have had a few items take a few days before USPS info was updated.  Does the tracking show just that a label was created or no record at all of the tracking number?

Did you pay on the 4th or later to see how many days from alleged mailing to now?

Good luck and I do hope it turns up and is what was described. 

The listing I sent the link to is on my Ebay.ca page as I am located in Canada and that is why it is showing in CDN $. The seller is in the USA

ebay.com link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKFORD-PEDIGREE-RANGERS-26-CLASSIC-HEADLIGHT-CVR-WW-II-/323053991450?hash=item4b3784b61a%3Ag%3A6ZIAAOSwnlFad8vj&nma=true&si=R7kJyzERdkaMm2sleUI%2FPzykI60%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by eccomic

44 minutes ago, eccomic said:

The listing I sent the link to is on my Ebay.ca page as I am located in Canada and that is why it is showing in CDN $. The seller is in the USA

ebay.com link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKFORD-PEDIGREE-RANGERS-26-CLASSIC-HEADLIGHT-CVR-WW-II-/323053991450?hash=item4b3784b61a%3Ag%3A6ZIAAOSwnlFad8vj&nma=true&si=R7kJyzERdkaMm2sleUI%2FPzykI60%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Ah, I should have noticed.  Thx.

Good luck, Andy! Hope you get it. I had the same questions as Telerites above. The seller has sold GA comics before, and I do still find there are old-school ebay sellers who go outside the usual ebay/USPS tracking route (handwritten mailing address on the package, etc). Hopefully it's just one of those.  :wishluck:

1 hour ago, october said:

Tracking was updated yesterday, five days after dropoff.  Hopefully it arrives safely. 

It seems like the USPS (or at least tracking) is out to get you.

I had an expensive package "disappear" for 3 days until I opted to get text updates; magically showed up the next day. What is going on over there?

For some reason, several of my books have been getting delayed at the distribution center here in Phoenix.  Not all, but some.  Maybe the postal service laid off a lot of employees after the holidays...hm  It took 5 or 6 days to get a Priority package from Virginia last week...:cry:

On the brighter side, it has only taken a week to get a book from John Hauser, which is something of a miracle...and he actually found the book I wanted that he had listed...another miracle... lol

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

1 hour ago, october said:

Book arrived, safe and sound. Not sure why it took the post office almost a week to update the tracking, but whatever. It's here. (thumbsu

Excellent.  Good to hear that everything was aboveboard.