• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omega Men 3
1 1

57 posts in this topic

Seems there has been a recent spike in asking prices on ebay for cgc 9.8 copies???? Just wondering why - I am wanting to pick up a copy in the $170 range but perhaps that ship has sailed (although 2-3 weeks ago that was the ask)? 

Has there been some announcement or something?

8 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

Ok - I thought there had been a Lobo movie announcement for awhile (hence the price run up to $170 in 9.8) - but I guess Michael Bay adds “value”?

IMHO Michael Bay’s involvement  lowers value and crushes all hope that the movie will be even remotely watchable.  Sorry Lobo fans.

Just now, szavisca said:

IMHO Michael Bay’s involvement  lowers value and crushes all hope that the movie will be even remotely watchable.  Sorry Lobo fans.

Hahahaha ...... no comment

Edited by Chillax23

53 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

Ok - I thought there had been a Lobo movie announcement for awhile (hence the price run up to $170 in 9.8) - but I guess Michael Bay adds “value”?

This happens every time there are announcements for any movie. Also, it's been selling over $170 since 2014. Since 2015 there has been a high over $200 every year.

I keep on hoping he shows up on Supergirl as he was hinted at and now they have LOS appearing, but they aren't going to blow it on a tv show. Have to wonder how much nostalgia he brings. He was big for 4-5 years and then fell off. Sure, those were years when a lot of people were reading comics. But they are in their 30s-50s now. My son is actually getting into tbe DCU (he likes earth 2 a lot) and he had no idea who lobo was.

9 hours ago, szavisca said:

So what you're saying is that you don't want a movie directed by a guy whose movies routinely make hundreds of millions of dollars. 

I'm no Bay fan but based on his track record a Lobo movie by him will likely be a smashing success.  And you don't make that much money if your movies are unwatchable. They may not be your cup of tea (they aren't mine either) but you can't deny their success

51 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

So what you're saying is that you don't want a movie directed by a guy whose movies routinely make hundreds of millions of dollars. 

I'm no Bay fan but based on his track record a Lobo movie by him will likely be a smashing success.  And you don't make that much money if your movies are unwatchable. They may not be your cup of tea (they aren't mine either) but you can't deny their success

Exactly. I mean, if you love Lobo like I do, you'd pretty much just enjoy watching him bash aliens skulls for 2 hours and making out with a bird or 2 even if there was no story at all.. Oh and in 3-D nonetheless!

sign me up, Em-Bay or not!

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

It’s impossible to quantify but I’m more inclined to believe that Michael Bay lost the transformers and TMNT franchises hundreds of millions of potential dollars.  

The guy took two slam dunk franchises and whiffed.  Sure there’s lots of explosions and cool slo-mo special effects, but disjointed storytelling, characters you cant connect with, and plot holes galore, make these movies failures to me.  What commercial success they had was despite him, not because of him.

Edited by szavisca

3 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Transformers and TMNT big budget movies. They would be pretty hard to not get hundreds of millions.

6 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

And technically this post should really be in the Bronze section, as much as I too identify with Lobo during copper.

But still, for a book that has his 1st appearance on the cover with a red background, it should be in Bronze ;)

Why is it bronze? Opg moved bronze deep into the 80s arbitrarily. This prestige format type book is the sort of book that ushered in copper. 1983 is very much on the fence even if opg moved bronze into 1983 to justify higher prices on those "bronze" books. Frigging dollar cover price!

18 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I have total faith in the character and the movie. And as much as I hate Michael Bay movies, thats really all this character needs. I would be worried for Lobo fans if it was Snyder

Strange.  I kind of agree with you on this point (and your other post). 

Lobo doesn’t need to be “deep”.  It doesn’t need to be a character study.  Just need to see him wreck shop for two hours.

Bay is good at two things.  Explosions and over-the-top action.  He might be a perfect fit for Lobo.

12 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Strange.  I kind of agree with you on this point (and your other post). 

Lobo doesn’t need to be “deep”.  It doesn’t need to be a character study.  Just need to see him wreck shop for two hours.

Bay is good at two things.  Explosions and over-the-top action.  He might be a perfect fit for Lobo.

Lobo needs to be a little funny though. Not deadpool endless wisecracks, but the character took off when there was a little sick humor. Dunno if the masogonist stuff will fly right now. Gotta be careful.

Serious question...

Isn't Lobo just the DC version of Gene Simmons' Demon which would have been popular as KISS got huge in the late 1970s and early 1980s?

Not serious question...

If so, can't they just cast Gene Simmons in the role?

29 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Serious question...

Isn't Lobo just the DC version of Gene Simmons' Demon which would have been popular as KISS got huge in the late 1970s and early 1980s?

Not serious question...

If so, can't they just cast Gene Simmons in the role?

Lobo can't be played by a geriatric yenta.