• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omega Men 3
1 1

57 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

Lobo can't be played by a geriatric yenta. 

Got it, we needed Gene Simmons to be Lobo in the 1980s, now it's too late.

Speaking of which... Gene Simmons attempted to claim he invented the devil-horns hand gesture.  If there is a popular Lobo movie or show, watch for Gene Simmons to "prove" he's the source for Lobo.

Edited by valiantman

7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Got it, we needed Gene Simmons to be Lobo in the 1980s, now it's too late.

Frankly i never saw the connection, but the eye doohicks are pretty similar. I am surprised simmons has not sued. But lobo wasn't really lobo in the 80s at least not the look.he waa a badarse in omega men, yes.

9 minutes ago, the blob said:

Frankly i never saw the connection, but the eye doohicks are pretty similar. I am surprised simmons has not sued. But lobo wasn't really lobo in the 80s at least not the look.he waa a badarse in omega men, yes.

I didn't know who Gene Simmons (or KISS) was in 1982, but I was Gene Simmons for Halloween because the mask on the costume looked "scary".  That was pre-Lobo, but the look was pretty much the same.  The mask even had Omega Men #3 hair.

Edited by valiantman

Unless Im missing a joke here, Ive never heard or thought of any correlation between GS and Lobo. Kiss were HUGE in the 70s-early 80s. Lobo really wasnt anything until 1990 when the Bisley series hit. Some will even go as far as saying that he wouldnt be who he is in the 90s without the Biz

10 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Unless Im missing a joke here, Ive never heard or thought of any correlation between GS and Lobo. Kiss were HUGE in the 70s-early 80s. Lobo really wasnt anything until 1990 when the Bisley series hit. Some will even go as far as saying that he wouldnt be who he is in the 90s without the Biz

Right, the original Lobo character seems like DC's version of a KISS-inspired character, which wasn't popular... until KISS wasn't.

Moving through the decades it's kind of funny that Lobo (which seems like it was inspired by KISS) looks more like Rob Zombie (who seems like he was inspired by Lobo).

LoboComics.png

Edited by valiantman

8 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Neither had i, but frankly, looking at the two it isn't that crazy

I am not surprised. I can remember seeing people reading the Bisley Lobo (along with Sandman and the Ennis Demon run) in my undergrad math classes way back when in university. There was a group of avid comic readers (obviously not collectors based on how they handled the books lol ) in those classes that I had never seen at any of the local shows which was interesting.

10 minutes ago, kimik said:

I am not surprised. I can remember seeing people reading the Bisley Lobo (along with Sandman and the Ennis Demon run) in my undergrad math classes way back when in university. There was a group of avid comic readers (obviously not collectors based on how they handled the books lol ) in those classes that I had never seen at any of the local shows which was interesting.

Biz buzz!

2 hours ago, kimik said:

lol

I always found that group of honors math people interesting. They were stoned most of the time, but the stuff they could do with numbers and equations was amazing. 

I believe it. If you attend ANY Biz signing you see the exact group of people you mentioned lol

There will be a convention going, with a Bisley convention in it... Its like a Bisley anonymous 

20 hours ago, Philflound said:

If you buy this comic raw, watch for those advertising 9.8. The staples on OM3 rust easily due to the baxter paper and they won't grade in 9.8 with rusty staples and rust stains on the centerfold.

Since when is this a thing? I don't think I've ever seen a Baxter comic with rusty staples. Even the water damaged issues I accidentally bought from a 50c dealer recently had good staples.

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

Since when is this a thing? I don't think I've ever seen a Baxter comic with rusty staples. Even the water damaged issues I accidentally bought from a 50c dealer recently had good staples.

If you don't believe me, ask people who own a CGC copy of this not in 9.8 and see if their defects say rusty staples or rust stains on centerfold.

1 minute ago, Philflound said:

If you don't believe me, ask people who own a CGC copy of this not in 9.8 and see if their defects say rusty staples or rust stains on centerfold.

To be clear, I believe any staples can rust. But what does that have to do with the paper stock?

Think it may

Just now, Lazyboy said:

To be clear, I believe any staples can rust. But what does that have to do with the paper stock?

Not sure. Think it may have to do with the chemical used to make it glossy versus normal newsprint paper.