• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which cover art of a non Key/Classic book would you like to own?
2 2

75 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, comicartfan said:

Yeah....It says "Norem" in the lower right corner :gossip:

Actually didn't see that.  Apologies for my lack of observation.

Edited by Ken Aldred

19 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Always had a soft spot for FF143.  It was what they used for the “pocket book” that reprinted FF  1-6 (but they swapped Medusa for Sue).  That pocket book was my first exposure to the FF and is one of the major catalysts for my fandom.

E9615E42-57B4-4258-8BC6-F2FC9F4372B5.jpeg

I can relate to that.  Exactly the same effect for me with the first two Lee / Ditko Amazing Spider-Man Pocket Books, as shown in the Comic Related Paperbacks thread.

On 2/14/2018 at 3:31 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Any of those 3. I had to choose a cover each for my favourite franchises: The JSA, the FF, and the X-Men. JSA was such a difficult choice, as there's so many great covers to pick from. I'm not sure this was the best option, but it's a great cover of both the classic JSA and Infinity Inc. For the X-Men I'd also go with a consolation prize of  Uncanny #356. One of the few Bachalo covers I really like, and it's a great cover of the 05.

Justice_Society_of_America_Annual_Vol_3_1.jpg

Nice choice. JSA by Ross is one of my all time favorite cover runs. You could pick from a lot of different covers from that run. All are amazing. IMO Ross found the perfect balance with this run in regards to realism and comic style artwork. I am not a big fan of some of Ross's other work as I think it goes a bit too far into the realism style and loses that comic art feel that I love so much, but this run was just brilliant IMO. Again, definitely one of my all time favorite cover runs by a comic artist.