• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great Lakes Comic Con - Jim Steranko, Arvell Jones, Keith Pollard Feb 23-24 Warren, Michigan!
1 1

61 posts in this topic

Ayup,   I'll be there.   Got  a  long  box of  junk  clogging  up  the  back  room?  All  those  blasted  Charltons  and  Dells,   Gold  Keys  and  Harveys,    Archies  and  Towers,    Holyokes   and  oddballs  that  you  just  don't  know  what  to  do  with?   How about  low grade  or  coverless  40's  and  50's  stuff?  Westerns?  Teen  humor?  Lowgrade Marvels?  Weird  stuff? Monster  mags? 
Even (*gulp*) Disney?  I'll  buy  it  all....cheap,  but   all of it.  Drag  that  junk  along,   turn it  to  cash ,  and  go  shopping! 

I'll  be  the  big  fellow in  the ugly  Hawaiian  shirt  and  brown  fedora  with  the  MMMS  pin on  the front.   (Gestures  at  the  avatar  upper  left) 

Drop by  and  introduce  yourself!

Edited by catrick339

12 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Ayup,   I'll be there.   Got  a  long  box of  junk  clogging  up  the  back  room?  All  those  blasted  Charltons  and  Dells,   Gold  Keys  and  Harveys,    Archies  and  Towers,    Holyokes   and  oddballs  that  you  just  don't  know  what  to  do  with?   How about  low grade  or  coverless  40's  and  50's  stuff?  Westerns?  Teen  humor?  Lowgrade Marvels?  Weird  stuff? Monster  mags? 
Even (*gulp*) Disney?  I'll  buy  it  all....cheap,  but   all of it.  Drag  that  junk  along,   turn it  to  cash ,  and  go  shopping! 

I'll  be  the  big  fellow in  the ugly  Hawaiian  shirt  and  brown  fedora  with  the  MMMS  pin on  the front.   (Gestures  at  the  avatar  upper  left) 

Drop by  and  introduce  yourself!

I'll be there Saturday morning so don't put any of the good stuff out on Friday night.

Looks like I'll be leaving work a little early and going to the Friday preview and Saturday morning.  Tickets are only $20 but does anyone have an extra dealers badge burning a hole in your pocket?  I'd be eternally grateful.

On 2/15/2018 at 10:14 AM, 1Cool said:

Is the free parking mentioned when buying tickets at the parking garage attached to the site?

Yes you can park right onsite. It is s surface lot.  Even if you park all the way in the back it is a short walk. 

On 2/11/2018 at 12:45 PM, SkOw said:

February 23-24: Warren, MI at the Macomb Community College!

This is a GREAT show that I have attended for years.  It is a top 3 show in the state of Michigan and while certainly not as big as Motor City, it has more of an "old school" feel with a higher percentage of Comic Vendors.  This will be my first time selling at it, and I know @catrick339 and @Nick's Comics will both also be setup there too.  I have done a lot of business with both guys over the years so please check out their booths as well, great books, great prices, and slightly above average Hawaiian shirts (catrick only).

Jim Steranko, Arvell Jones, Keith Pollard and many more comic book and pop culture creators and celebrities will be in attendance. 

@Rich_Henn will be onsite as well for signatures.

There are deals to be had at this show, hope some boardies can attend.  

Show Web Site.

http://www.greatlakescomiccon.org/

How was the show ?? i live in Mid Michigan but i couldn't make it this year ... next for sure !

On 2/13/2018 at 11:46 AM, 1Cool said:

Looks like I'll be leaving work a little early and going to the Friday preview and Saturday morning.  Tickets are only $20 but does anyone have an extra dealers badge burning a hole in your pocket?  I'd be eternally grateful.

Give us all a show report if you have time !

44 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

How was the show ?? i live in Mid Michigan but i couldn't make it this year ... next for sure !

It is NEXT weekend! lol

Do you like golden age Blackhawk?  I will bring mine if you come next weekend. :baiting:

40 minutes ago, SkOw said:

It is NEXT weekend! lol

Do you like golden age Blackhawk?  I will bring mine if you come next weekend. :baiting:

I'll be hitting the bulk $1/$5 boxes and always looking to make some bulk buys for whole long boxes if the books are good.  I'll be on a buying rampage if the deals are good.

Quick update on booth locations

I'll be at booth 222 just around the corner from Mr. Sternako! :whee:I will be blowing out a lot of books at this show with some deep markdowns.  I also picked up a nice X-men collection that will be priced as is and I am bringing up some big guns fro my wall.

@Nick's Comics will be just around the corner from me at 315.  I hereby declare that I will beat Nick's prices by 1% or Nick will give you the book FREE!  Nick just picked up a nice collection and will have some fantastic wall books too.

@catrick339 will be with the Collector Zone folks somewhere between 201-209.  Rick has some GREAT dollar boxes and a wall with Golden Age to Modern Keys.  Collector Zone is run by a guy named Roger who is a great dealer too.

If toys are your thing as well as comics, let me recommend Brad's Comics and Toys in 102/104.  Anything from keys to NIB toys to loose action figures.

Those are the guys I know and have bought from and I have been pleased with each and every deal so buy with confidence.  I'm sure there are other great dealers too!

6 hours ago, SkOw said:

Quick update on booth locations

I'll be at booth 222 just around the corner from Mr. Sternako! :whee:I will be blowing out a lot of books at this show with some deep markdowns.  I also picked up a nice X-men collection that will be priced as is and I am bringing up some big guns fro my wall.

@Nick's Comics will be just around the corner from me at 315.  I hereby declare that I will beat Nick's prices by 1% or Nick will give you the book FREE!  Nick just picked up a nice collection and will have some fantastic wall books too.

@catrick339 will be with the Collector Zone folks somewhere between 201-209.  Rick has some GREAT dollar boxes and a wall with Golden Age to Modern Keys.  Collector Zone is run by a guy named Roger who is a great dealer too.

If toys are your thing as well as comics, let me recommend Brad's Comics and Toys in 102/104.  Anything from keys to NIB toys to loose action figures.

Those are the guys I know and have bought from and I have been pleased with each and every deal so buy with confidence.  I'm sure there are other great dealers too!

Woo woo!

Roger  and  I  have  a  big  ol'  blast  of  five  dollar  boxes  this  year.   Roger  has buckets of  silver/bronze   superhero  stuff,   I  have  an  esoteric  
mix  of  pretty  much  anything  40's  through  70's.  Superman?   See  Roger.   Uncle  Scrooge?  See  Rick.     Tales  of  Suspense?  Roger.   THUNDER
Agents?   Rick.    Green  Lantern?  Roger.   Archie?...well,   you  get  the idea,   lol

Oh,   and  the  Old  Guys  Who  Like  Old  Comics    Facebook  group  will  be  in  with  a  booth too,   drop  by  to  say   Hello  to them!