• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel comics worth reading

8 posts in this topic

I subscribe to comics through forbidden planet every month but currently only get DC and Image comics. 

DC

Batman

Detective Comics

Superman

Action Comics

Saga

East of West

Lazarus

Can anyone recommend any Marvel comics I should start reading?

Thanks

Edited by Malavin

Daredevil was one of the few titles that Marvel didn't screw with, when they were doing their Social Justice Warrior experiment.   The stories have remained self contained, with almost no interference from other titles.   I have been a loyal DD reader for years. 

Other than that, it's hard to like Marvel right now.  I get ASM, Peter Parker Spiderman and Captain America.  The Spidey titles are getting better, because they are going back to basics.  Poor Steve Rogers was run through the ringer with that Secret Empire garbage that Nick Spencer had to get off his chest.   Right now Steve is restored, but I am waiting for this title to show me something.   The current storyline ain't no Winter Soldier (which was the last time his title was any good) and this is coming from a huge Cap fan. 

Definitely Daredevil.  Probably the most consistent comic for a long, long time. 

The latest Muse issue was really fun.  Especially with Punisher. 

Alias is also really good.  So bummed that Bendis is leaving the book.  Wondering if she'll bite it in #18.  Not sure someone else should touch this character. 

Patrick