• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,619 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

:popcorn:

I don't think the chewing of popcorn is going to bring out the ghosts. 

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

Would anyone like me to do one of those big detailed critique posts like I used to do? You know, the ones where I post what everyone else is thinking and then get hammered for being unkind by people who have been here longer than me? :wink:

I have lots of thoughts on why the traffic is low, and lots of proactive suggestions for improvements. But seriously, does anybody care to hear them?

NO...Now go away kid you bother me.xD

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

But seriously, does anybody care to hear them?

Go for it. I miss the "old" days.

It's certainly been more difficult to move moderns in the sales forums.

25 minutes ago, newshane said:

Go for it. I miss the "old" days.

It's certainly been more difficult to move moderns in the sales forums.

Should I say something snarky about moderns that will start an argument?  Most of the old threads I remember were two people arguing back and forth with no chance either one would move.  That, or Kav derailing a thread, looking for attention.

The volume's down, but so is the noise.

4 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

Should I say something snarky about moderns that will start an argument?  Most of the old threads I remember were two people arguing back and forth with no chance either one would move.  That, or Kav derailing a thread, looking for attention.

The volume's down, but so is the noise.

You won't hear any arguments from me. I love comics from all eras. I just happen to mainly sell moderns. Based on my experience, the sales forum just isn't as active as it used to be. I've also noticed a lot of old-timers who never really come around much anymore.

I was one of the loudest voices against the updated boards when they first dropped. Even though I've adjusted, I can definitely understand why the change ran people off.

Also, the Golden-Bronze forum has incredible (mind-blowing) stuff for sale on a weekly basis.

You're lucky if you can even find a key in the Copper-Modern forum.

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Where is everyone now?  On Discord, telegram, reddit?

My personal opinion is the discussions are down because very few people on the boards are bothering to read new books (myself included).  With nothing new to discuss what do we really have to talk about?  Hot books, killer finds at garage sales, big auctions of golden age books.  A ton of people are now sellers compared to 10 years ago so they are just busy selling books and don't have the time to talk about the best Byrne issue of FF 4 or who would win between Lex Luther and Dr Doom.  I like the format of the new boards and the positives out way the negatives by a big margin. 

Who use to talk a lot and is missing?  Roy use to get into a steady stream of long winded arguments and that is gone for sure.  RMA is also basically silent.  Kav is gone.  Cal is gone.

Edited by 1Cool

:hi:

It takes a Kav to raise a comic village.

It takes a Cal to talk to another Cal.

It takes a Kal  to raise a Superman.

There. I have done my duty and contributed.:acclaim:

2 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Would anyone like me to do one of those big detailed critique posts like I used to do? You know, the ones where I post what everyone else is thinking and then get hammered for being unkind by people who have been here longer than me? :wink:

I have lots of thoughts on why the traffic is low, and lots of proactive suggestions for improvements. But seriously, does anybody care to hear them?

Go for it.  I wasn't around in the old days,  but your critique could offer up some ideas for us newer guys/girls to help liven it up a bit. 

3 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Wall of text! :banana: 

30 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

:hi:

It takes a Kav to raise a comic village.

It takes a Cal to talk to another Cal.

It takes a Kal  to raise a Superman.

There. I have done my duty and contributed.:acclaim:

It takes a Comcav to fill a money bin!

content_scrooge-mcduck-gif-1.gif

45 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Where is everyone now?  On Discord, telegram, reddit?

My personal opinion is the discussions are down because very few people on the boards are bothering to read new books (myself included).  With nothing new to discuss what do we really have to talk about?  Hot books, killer finds at garage sales, big auctions of golden age books.  A ton of people are now sellers compared to 10 years ago so they are just busy selling books and don't have the time to talk about the best Byrne issue of FF 4 or who would win between Lex Luther and Dr Doom.  I like the format of the new boards and the positives out way the negatives by a big margin. 

Who use to talk a lot and is missing?  Roy use to get into a steady stream of long winded arguments and that is gone for sure.  The arguer with dogs as his icon is also basically silent.  Kav is gone.  Cal is gone.

I'm wondering if it's because the hobby has gotten so expensive that no one can afford it without being a part-time dealer?  

Image result for drug dealer jpg