• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,619 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

:flamed: Now we're in for it.  Bad Bob has discovered us! 

I wonder if he’s had a couple of Fighting Beers?

6 hours ago, Jimbo749 said:

A lot of times it is just hard to come up with a new topic that people will respond to. I can talk about Terminator comics all day, but I'd be talking to myself. 

This. I tried the other week on a Modern book that I'm enjoying, and it just got no responses at all. Dead in the water. Admittedly, it was the new Youngblood, which has got some understandable baggage, but getting nothing at all is a real turn-off, especially as a newer member. It's just a shrug and a 'why bother, I tried, I'll take it elsewhere'. 

It's the Modern Section and there's really no discussions on any current books. Just flip-lists. It's just weird. 

The influx of new members has been a positive for these Boards , one new member (class of 2015) in particular has the most amazing sales threads ever ! if anyone has missed out on these sales they are missing out on one of the greatest features of these boards ... even if they are buyers or not a GREAT SALES THREAD is a thing of beauty to behold...

Another GREAT new member (class of 2013)  was a much needed lifeblood here and a breath of fresh air with amazing Comic artistry knowledge and background ...alas @kav  was driven away by the old school guard whose presence on these boards was and still is an EXTREME detriment to all new member who dare have their own opinion,... the ignore function has been a Godsend but it can only help so much against the old guard who still believe they own these boards

MANY of the newer class of members who have joined since 2013 have been constantly belittled by senior members, many of us have received posts with masked profanity, and other times thinly veiled or outright personal attacks ,we have been targeted by group cliques who are completely intolerant of opinions different than their own, we can't even root for our favorite super bowl team without being intranet bullied by senior members..

Thank GOD the worst of these old school offenders hang primarily in the water cooler so venture there at your own risk , but they still often find their way into comics general

8 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

On that point, lets all send out positive vibes to our Jimmers, who has been offline for a while, and not responding to digs and prods.

Let's hope he returns from his unauthorised hibernation soon, to face disciplinary procedures. Which @lizards2 will of course administer, with his usual flair and zeal.

@porcupine48

Whose basement do you think i've been shackled in,fed nothing but weenie stuffed pickles?

I'll give you a hint....

Mike.JPG

7 hours ago, seanfingh said:

With Squidmo animated .gifs, random Stu and Bug participation, memes, pernts, hitting the notify button on yourself, meltdowns, set-ups, conspiracies, pressing, wife-stealing, scam-busting, special needs salesmen, Diggler's hottie file, homoeroticism, cults of personality, Fleeanimation, Strawberry Shortcake thread bumping, how-to diagrams, balloon animals and high hilarity.

Sigh,i'd buy those days like a pre code whoore comic.

12 minutes ago, creaturefan95 said:

Aw, I never got around to reading it :frown:

I was a thread started out genuinely asking what folks thought of post counts...and then it became a freeforall place for some folks to hang out...and then it turned into the spot to endlessly post smilies to pad your post count.It was in a pretty obscure corner of the old boards...facts and polls if I remember right.If you could handle all the endless pad posts,there were some great conversations in it and I made some of my best friends here there.

Seems like yesterday...

Edited by porcupine48

2 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

It's the Modern Section and there's really no discussions on any current books. Just flip-lists. It's just weird. 

So true.   The percentage of people who actually read the stuff in between the covers is pretty low here.   The reason I am in this hobby, is I like reading the stories, and looking at the various art styles.  Most of the people on the Modern boards are more about getting that lemming-hyped variant, putting it in a sealed case, and oogling over the latest sales price on ebay.   Well LA-DEE-FRIGGIN-DAA!

ladi.jpg

Edited by Mercury Man