• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,619 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Architecht said:

Well, that's one view. Granted, sometimes the creation of a sub forum for which there isn't interest creates a ghost town. But sometimes it allow people with interest in a topic to gather together and feed off of each other's enthusiasm.

Can you do away with the Strike thread, and the Dog Like Sparky thing? It is sort of an annoying and useless forum/thread/public shaming punishment thing, whatever you want to call it.

4 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I think some of the changes are just part of the normal life-cycle of a message board/forum, but Nik’s passing has always been my yardstick, too. There was a definite shift after that point.

100% when we lost Nik this place changed like someone shut off a light switch. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Can you do away with the Strike thread, and the Dog Like Sparky thing? It is sort of an annoying and useless forum/thread/public shaming punishment thing, whatever you want to call it.

No, that should always be here. Some of the knuckleheads here should get the boot sooner.

17 minutes ago, Architecht said:
39 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No. 

Excessive micro-management and aggressive control of what, where, when, how, and why people post is why this thread exists in the first place.

Utopia is fantasy; it does not exist in the real world, and trying to force it is what drives and has driven people away. 

Well, that's one view. Granted, sometimes the creation of a sub forum for which there isn't interest creates a ghost town. But sometimes it allow people with interest in a topic to gather together and feed off of each other's enthusiasm.

Yup. It certainly is one view. But one need not sift through a million wrong answers to discover the correct one. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:
22 minutes ago, Architecht said:

Yes! Get that cretin off the screen Arch!

12 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

who are you? are you even serious? Do you know how many of the "old guard" paid for funerals, replaced burned down houses, helped members when they lost their homes, gave money to those who were in NEED, and NEVER asked for even a thank you! You want to talk about the character of those men and women like you are capable of telling your hole from the one in the ground? Are some of the guys a bit snarky, yes, do they like that the sense of community has lessened in time? Yes. But I am shocked that a guy who has been here for such a short time knows SOOO much about what made this place to begin with. Even I missed some of the best times on this board, and yes we are a little reserved in who we take in after countless scammers, frauds, and thieves have made their way in over the years? Damn, there are reasons for things and maybe if you listened more you would understand why people are the way they are. I wish the "old guard" would come back because alot of those people were good people and are missed, especially when they provided some awesome conversation.

24i2m0.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

2 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

No, that should always be here. Some of the knuckleheads here should get the boot sooner.

I suppose it's like a badge of honour for him though. The last cretin ever to get a good old fashioned old board strike :cloud9:

9 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

I wish the "old guard" would come back because alot of those people were good people and are missed, especially when they provided some awesome conversation.

For one, I've never been belittled or challeneged here once. Everyone has been friendly as expected.

This forum is a pretty great place.

4 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

It is not used anymore...:gossip:

2 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

For one, I've never been belittled or challeneged here once. Everyone has been friendly as expected.

This place is what you make it. But when you constantly have some of these guys just kicking up dust, then it loses some luster.

3 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

Quite right too. What's the point in challenegeding people all the time? It's like a broken pencil.