• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,619 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, The_Endless said:

Agreed but we are looking into why this place is not thriving. To thrive we need new members. I firmly believe that how new members are treated is an essential component. After all, who returns to a restaurant where the host was rude and the waiter didn't answer your questions until you asked 3 times?

There is probably a myriad of reasons why there aren't new members. The biggest reason likely has nothing to do with any of the members here and more to do with the changing online landscape and the multitude of other venues to interact with. When this forum started, social media was barely a thing. 

And the problem with your analogy is that you go to a restaurant to get served, and you pay for the privilege. This isn't a place to get served, it's a place to participate.  

1 hour ago, greggy said:

This was the first boards that I've every posted on so I had no prior experiences.

What did you do on the internet before that? ( as if I don't already know ) ;)

4 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

What did you do on the internet before that? ( as if I don't already know ) ;)

...note the use of the word "every" before assuming.....