• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,619 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

When I first joined I had only been online,been using a computer for a month or so(ex urban luddite here).I was so confused by folks asking me if I was a shill (wtf is that?) the nefarious secret codes(tbh,imho,rak) and who is this greggy guy and why does he always say :censored: you to me? lol 

But there were certainly some real nice folks that reached out to me (looking at you @thehumantorch ?)  and others too many to mention that were patient and helped me along.

Made many lasting friendships here,,sure,maybe I was threatened with a stabbing,confused with being an Englishman(remember that Ken?It was an honour) and lost some friends too early that affected me just as much as if i'd know them in the material world.

I wouldn't change a thing.It's all been a wonderful journey,and i've learned so much.

You've been a friend since my first day here

Just now, TheFifthHorseman said:

Just saw the part about you getting threatened with a stabbing??!

Is that real life?

Yeah,it really is!I've got to walk the dog,i'll message you later.(I ended up being pretty good friends with them)

27 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

But there were certainly some real nice folks that reached out to me (looking at you @thehumantorch

One of the first to PM me, as well, soon after I joined.

at First.... I was afraid.... I was petrified.... it took all my strength not to fall apart....

trying with all my mind to mend my broken heart....I spent so many nights feeling sorry for myself.....

but now I hold my head up high.....:whistle:

:headbang:

I know I don't contribute much other than to try and stir pots (never with malicious intent, truthfully) but I still enjoy my time here as much as I did almost a measly 5 years ago.  I've been able to discover the joy of GA and pre code horror and sci fi, something I had never even considered before.  There are some really cool and helpful people here and fwiw I've never felt like I've been given a rough time.  Its so hard for me to derive hidden meanings and subtle jabs/jibes from typed text anyway that I try not to read into too much (so maybe I'm just oblivious to all the rough treatment!) 

2 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

I know I don't contribute much other than to try and stir pots (never with malicious intent, truthfully) but I still enjoy my time here as much as I did almost a measly 5 years ago.  I've been able to discover the joy of GA and pre code horror and sci fi, something I had never even considered before.  There are some really cool and helpful people here and fwiw I've never felt like I've been given a rough time.  Its so hard for me to derive hidden meanings and subtle jabs/jibes from typed text anyway that I try not to read into too much (so maybe I'm just oblivious to all the rough treatment!) 

I agree very knowledgeable people here. I just recognize that I'm usually out of my league from the get-go and adjust accordingly :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Oh, and...., Wild Turkey!  :headbang: 

Hey AND I'm realizing after the past few blackout nights that fresh 101 stains look just like 50 year old coffee stains on a GA book...just sayin...

:jokealert: to all those potential buyers who may stumble across this small foot-in-mouth moment

Edited by Mystafo

14 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Or maybe you are not overly sensitive, it's a good thing;) FWIW (and I learned that here;) I miss most of the jabs, subtle  or otherwise;) or maybe I tune them out, I'm not sure. It's motherhood 101;)