• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,619 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Haha, the hardcore scene was so much softer here in Atlanta. We would hear tales from up north about how a band would order a beatdown on some dude for lighting up a cigarette at a show, but nothing like that ever happened here. Just a bunch of cupcakes with black X's on their hands trying to find a legit vegan burrito place. You guys were definitely on another level.

I remember a dude getting body slammed over a cinder block at an Agnostic Front show, and dudes getting beat with a black jack at an Everybody Gets Hurt show. Wild west lol

19 hours ago, COI said:

There is probably a myriad of reasons why there aren't new members. The biggest reason likely has nothing to do with any of the members here and more to do with the changing online landscape and the multitude of other venues to interact with. When this forum started, social media was barely a thing. 

And the problem with your analogy is that you go to a restaurant to get served, and you pay for the privilege. This isn't a place to get served, it's a place to participate.  

Bowing out of this discussion since the first step is recognizing there is a problem. Not many people want to recognize there is a problem.

If you guys are worried that the boards are dead maybe you can convince Cgc to advertise them a bit, particularly at conventions... I honestly don’t even know if they do that to begin with.  

Im sure that more people using these boards would indirectly translate to more money for them.  Although ... the boards being too crowded could be bad also.

I joined the boards because of my love for DC 100 pagers.

Then after a couple of months, for some reason Clark Khaos posted this message to me:

"Hookers and a steak dinner? Or will your wife and sister be out of town and we'll just have to settle for steak?"

Calling my wife and sister hookers didn't go over well. 

I went from being just a tool to being a major tool.

These days I have reverted back to just being a tool. xD

And I still drink too much......

Edited by icefires

32 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I'm surprised Stu hasn't commented.  Or maybe he did and I didn't see it before it got *poofed*.

He laid into 1950's war comics early on, but it was fairly quickly removed....,

I'm not sure it was a very constructive comment, more of a personal attack.

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

He hasn't had much to say after getting blasted in this thread. Mission accomplished.

7 minutes ago, icefires said:

I joined the boards because of my love for DC 100 pagers.

Then after a couple of months, for some reason Clark Khaos posted this message to me:

"Hookers and a steak dinner? Or will your wife and sister be out of town and we'll just have to settle for steak?"

Calling my wife and sister hookers didn't go over well. 

I went from being just a tool to being a major tool.

These days I have reverted back to just being a tool. xD

And I still drink too much......

DC100 pagers are awesome

On 2/14/2018 at 8:24 AM, The_Endless said:

Agreed but we are looking into why this place is not thriving. To thrive we need new members. I firmly believe that how new members are treated is an essential component. After all, who returns to a restaurant where the host was rude and the waiter didn't answer your questions until you asked 3 times?

Sometimes the host and waitstaff get tired of answering questions about the menu when the menu is in your hands. (shrug) 

Not always, but a lot of times these questions are asked three times a week, and with just a tiny bit of effort the answers are already there to be found.  It's like telling someone what time it is when they're staring at a clock. 

How many times does someone have to delve into an explanation of "HI WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO SELL MY COLLECTION??????!!!" from a member with 1 post?  It's tiresome.

Figure. It. Out.

12 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:
15 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

He hasn't had much to say after getting blasted in this thread. Mission accomplished.

Except it kind of proves his point..., :eyeroll:

19 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:
21 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Except it kind of proves his point..., :eyeroll:

Stop being a jerk. It's that simple, that dude rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

See my custom title.  Although Arch f'd it up in the changeover.

7 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Oh bullcarp.

That guy is the biggest hypocrite on the boards. He cries like someone put a pound of sand in his vajayjay about all the big bad boardies.  The reason he got so much negative attention is because he came in with guns blazing saying insulting demeaning things like this:

What is drek?

1950's war comics replied to 21Pittsburgh58's topic in Comics General

Drek is 99.9% of the modern slabs, people might as well slab a national enquirer as they will have equal worth in the future

He got negative attention because he was a negative *spoon*.

And a negative *spoon* he remains.

You sound like you're channeling Stu lol