• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,619 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Boozad said:

Of course you're right. There were some right bellends on here through the years, obviously I can't speak for the here and now as I'm hardly ever around these days.

:hi:

7 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

A favorite tactic of the old guard is to derail any thread they deem beneath them,  there are up to about a dozen members here who will join in on any thread they deem not interesting enough and then invariably  they will collaborate to undermine the new thread with gifs, insults, mockery and inappropriate sexual innuendos page after page until the new member is  ultimately driven away ,... often forever,...  some of the culprits are arrogantly bragging about their involvement in this type of behavior in this very thread

Oh come on now.

balderdash.

1 minute ago, namisgr said:

Besides, since when have gifs, insults, mockery, and sexual innuendo not been great fun.  Many of us grew up on Mad magazine, after all.

Innuendo?Dirty lol (i'm aware of my immaturity.)

Don't forget Cracked.Sylvester P Smythe is under appreciated!

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Innuendo?Dirty lol (i'm aware of my immaturity.)

Don't forget Cracked.Sylvester P Smythe is under appreciated!

I subscribed to Mad when I was 13.  It was a match made in heaven.

1 minute ago, namisgr said:

I subscribed to Mad when I was 13.  It was a match made in heaven.

I remember my dad having them around pretty much my whole childhood,eventually we shared them,would often end up with doubles.

As a subscriber,(not sure how long you were!)did you ever get them with extra brown paper covers on them,sort of like extra gags?I found some like that years ago,but these were 1980's era.

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I remember my dad having them around pretty much my whole childhood,eventually we shared them,would often end up with doubles.

As a subscriber,(not sure how long you were!)did you ever get them with extra brown paper covers on them,sort of like extra gags?I found some like that years ago,but these were 1980's era.

Ah, Jimmers, I'm an old man now.  The Mad sub began with ish #115 way back in '67 and I kept it up all the way through high school.  They'd come in brown paper wrappers, but just with my address label on them, as I seem to remember.

29 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

North. :sumo:

The whole world makes beautiful music, despite what the scenesters have to say.

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

The strangest book I ever tried to read.   Multiple attempts but could never make it to the end.  

Junky and Queer are the only William Burroughs' I've ever made it through. Great books. Not sure what that says about me.

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

Who would've ever thought that the benzedrine fueled fever dreams of a pseudo-shaman beatnik junkie wouldn't translate well to the big screen?  lol

I think his wife was the benzo abuser, but your point remains. 

8 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

A favorite tactic of the old guard is to derail any thread they deem beneath them,  there are up to about a dozen members here who will join in on any thread they deem not interesting enough and then invariably  they will collaborate to undermine the new thread with gifs, insults, mockery and inappropriate sexual innuendos page after page until the new member is  ultimately driven away ,... often forever,...  some of the culprits are arrogantly bragging about their involvement in this type of behavior in this very thread

You are either delusional or paranoid, but most likely, both.