• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,619 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

out of jukebox money?

It's my understanding that the tin roof is rusted. That's a safety hazard. Love Shack closed for renovations.

1 hour ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

I wish you had mentioned make it a priority that members are no longer allowed to post things like "Chin chin" or "Cheerio old sport" or "here here" or stuff like that, or in the alternative, provide the ability to post a nifty symbol that clearly displays:  "Dislike With The Highest Possible Human Intensity"!

It is just a little tweak, and saves a lot of typing. 

Here Here. Don't take it on the chin chin

Cheerio, old sport

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

This board is, indeed, one of the best on the internet related to comics, and has been for a very long time. Some of the best and the brightest have gravitated here. The reason isn't because of the board, or how it's managed, or how it functions, or what it features. The reason is because they connected with other people who shared their interests. I know that's hard for administrators to accept...everyone wants to think that it's "the program" that is the draw...but it's not, in any place where people interact socially. 

The same is true of clubs, bars, sewing circles, online message boards, and anywhere else people gather socially. 

The reason this board has been great is because of the people who make it so. The members are not, and never have been, the problem, even the worst among us (and there have been some real doozies, most especially the ones who pretend otherwise.) Any real problems have been the result of administrative attitudes and actions that have far-reaching consequences, because the administration is the only entity on this board with any real power to enact their opinions about how things should work.

Here, effin here! It's the people that make a message board. It begins and ends there. Sadly, many of those people who made this board great when I joined up are now gone.

I should change my name to "Crotchety Old B a s t a r d" but "B a s t a r d" will probably get me warning point

Edited by Jeffro.

5 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Here, effin here! It's the people that make a message board. It begins and ends there. Sadly, many of those people who made this board great when I joined up are now gone.

I should change my name to "Crotchety Old B a s t a r d" but "B a s t a r d" will probably get me warning point

Not anymore 

1 minute ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

If you're calling me Einstein then I take it as a compliment good sir

I mean, theory of relativity and whatnot. Thanks!

Ernie Einstein. Club footed in bred hunchback from the old neighborhood. Used to pump gas from an empty pump

On 2/17/2018 at 12:19 PM, 1950's war comics said:

A favorite tactic of the old guard is to derail any thread they deem beneath them,  there are up to about a dozen members here who will join in on any thread they deem not interesting enough and then invariably  they will collaborate to undermine the new thread with gifs, insults, mockery and inappropriate sexual innuendos page after page until the new member is  ultimately driven away ,... often forever,...  some of the culprits are arrogantly bragging about their involvement in this type of behavior in this very thread

giphy.gif

On 2/18/2018 at 11:49 AM, The Resurrection said:

You would never ignore me. But I agree with everything you said. some of the "old guard" are absolute jerks, and some noobs are pretty solid. If you think your post count gets you respect, think again. It's how you interact in the community.

All I care about is people actually reading posts and addressing/making actual points.

Or you can talk at people in italics and platitudes trying to sound profound, like a teenage girl on Instagram.