• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,619 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I want to be assimilated by the Borg.

Do you want sour cream and salsa with that?

Just had a read through this thread, had to skip about sixty pages due to lack of time, and there are more of the old guard here than I realised. Makes me nostalgic for the old days and the many friends and aquaintances that I made here over the years. 

As for older members putting off newer members from joining, I've heard that being said ever since I joined the boards and it never stopped the place from thriving and growing. New members would soon acclimatise to the boards if they didn't just go all out and make themselves look like a complete tit. The boards had a personality and newbies would find their place in it after a bit.

if Arch puts my custom title back in place, I might consider looking in and posting from time to time. I spent much constructive and unconstructive time here. :cloud9:

We should make this place  " deadlier " than ever by changing it to the CGC Collectors Borg. All new members must be assimilated into the " Collective ",  to get their minds right and avoid endless threads of butt hurt, crying, and teary eyes.

I noticed in this video that at 3:12 they mention the battle of " Wolf 359 ". WTF. They had to steal a title of one of the old Outer Limits episodes.  My next summer project is building one of these cubes and get everyone on board.......................... or is it Borg.  Oh boy, that was bad. 

3 hours ago, gaz973 said:

Just had a read through this thread, had to skip about sixty pages due to lack of time, and there are more of the old guard here than I realised. Makes me nostalgic for the old days and the many friends and aquaintances that I made here over the years. 

As for older members putting off newer members from joining, I've heard that being said ever since I joined the boards and it never stopped the place from thriving and growing. New members would soon acclimatise to the boards if they didn't just go all out and make themselves look like a complete tit. The boards had a personality and newbies would find their place in it after a bit.

if Arch puts my custom title back in place, I might consider looking in and posting from time to time. I spent much constructive and unconstructive time here. :cloud9:

This thread really starts picking up steam around page 2 :banana:

Your take on older/younger members is spot on I'd say.  There is room for everyone here (except for complete tits.......  or teat milkers :grin:

Edited by Senormac
sarcasm

19 minutes ago, Senormac said:

This thread really starts picking up steam around page 2 :banana:

Your take on older/younger members is spot on I'd say.  There is room for everyone here (except for complete tits.......  or teat milkers :grin:

Thanks, I went back to around page 50 and enjoyed going through the pics you'd posted. One weird random thought popped into my head for some reason. That thought was "wow, Capfreak has probably got kids by now". :whatthe:

2 hours ago, Senormac said:

There is room for everyone here (except for complete tits.......  or teat milkers :grin:

That almost sounds like one of FT's posts. Has he been around lately. Hey, I just noticed I'm almost at 25K posts. To celebrate I'm going to open up a mint, untouched pack of Mars Attack cards and eat the stale gum. F__ k it.

Edited by DR.X