• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,619 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, tv horror said:

NO...Now go away kid you bother me.xD

Oh, OK. I won't bother then! :frown:

2 hours ago, Jimbo749 said:

Go for it.  I wasn't around in the old days,  but your critique could offer up some ideas for us newer guys/girls to help liven it up a bit. 

Oh, OK, I'll do it then! :smile:

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

Wall of text! :banana: 

That's not fair! I put pictures and graphs in and everything! I can't help it if lizards have such short attention spans! >:(

Shall I do it then, or what?

2 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

I am funny as heck. Only took you nearly a decade to catch on? Damn

Aging like a fine whine..., 

4 minutes ago, The_Endless said:

I've had good experiences on the facebook comic collecting groups but your mileage will vary. I can also add reddit as a friendly platform for comic discussions.

Buy and sell groups on facebook are not such fun for me though.

I still feel these boards have too much emphasis on buying and selling which detracts from newer members who just want to talk about the latest story or artist/writer team on Aquaman.

Admittedly, I do not read aquaman. But I do plan to sit down and read Vs #1 from Image tonight. Those other places... they hurt my head.

4 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:
4 hours ago, tv horror said:

NO...Now go away kid you bother me.xD

Oh, OK. I won't bother then! :frown:

2 hours ago, Jimbo749 said:

Go for it.  I wasn't around in the old days,  but your critique could offer up some ideas for us newer guys/girls to help liven it up a bit. 

Oh, OK, I'll do it then! :smile:

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

That's not fair! I put pictures and graphs in and everything! I can't help it if lizards have such short attention spans! >:(

Shall I do it then, or what?

Image result for do it jpg

2 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Image result for do it jpg

I know. Question is, should I? hm

That's a nanny state question.  You need to be responsible for your own poor choices.  (tsk)

Haha

2 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

The truth is that this has become nothing more than  a business venture for more than 50% of the members and if they aren't making money off you, than what good are you? It has been evident by the trends in the FS forums for the past 7 years. So many of the "members" are just leeches.

And then there are members like me who just like to chat with fellow collectors, whack the hornets nest, and have actual conversations. Oh and make jokes about @lizards2 and @porcupine48

Right on! :golfclap:

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
2 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

The truth is that this has become nothing more than  a business venture for more than 50% of the members and if they aren't making money off you, than what good are you? It has been evident by the trends in the FS forums for the past 7 years. So many of the "members" are just leeches.

And then there are members like me who just like to chat with fellow collectors, whack the hornets nest, and have actual conversations. Oh and make jokes about @lizards2 and @porcupine48

Right on! :golfclap:

I keep running into some of our current and previous frequent flyers over on eBay.  Just came across another one this morning, and I was thinking, "wow - a lot of great, tightly-graded books - wonder why they aren't for sale on the boards?"  Someone recently told me I should display my wares over there too, as I would sell more product and get more for it. 

I'm wondering too if the deadness might be caused by the exit of the SA crowd, and it being replaced by deep-pocketed GA collectors.

4 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:
5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Deader comes after all the death rattles are done.

My answer was better

Agreed - I blew coffee out my nose reading your response!

17 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:
19 minutes ago, comicquant said:

My question is...  Can something be "deader"?

You wanna find out the hard way? :devil:

@comicquant  -

Image result for you just got serbed meme

Edited by lizards2

7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I keep running into some of our current and previous frequent flyers over on eBay.  Just came across another one this morning, and I was thinking, "wow - a lot of great, tightly-graded books - wonder why they aren't for sale on the boards?"  Someone recently told me I should display my wares over there too, as I would sell more product and get more for it. 

I'm wondering too if the deadness might be caused by the exit of the SA crowd, and it being replaced by deep-pocketed GA collectors.

The reason sales do not do well anymore goes back to my response. If you cant flip it, they don't want it. I miss the old Friday/Saturday night threads of guys like FT selling off pages upon pages of nice HG non key issues for good prices. But once the new regime made it's way in it became harder and harder to move those books as the boards have been molded to a place to recycle keys, and forget ever getting a deal, if something reasonable does come along it is bought and put up on Ebay the same day it arrives in the mail. There simply just aren't many collectors left here. And don't get me wrong, I sell comics non stop, but I have never abused the community the way some of these guys do.

2 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:
14 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

The reason sales do not do well anymore goes back to my response. If you cant flip it, they don't want it. I miss the old Friday/Saturday night threads of guys like FT selling off pages upon pages of nice HG non key issues for good prices. But once the new regime made it's way in it became harder and harder to move those books as the boards have been molded to a place to recycle keys, and forget ever getting a deal, if something reasonable does come along it is bought and put up on Ebay the same day it arrives in the mail. There simply just aren't many collectors left here. And don't get me wrong, I sell comics non stop, but I have never abused the community the way some of these guys do.

I guess I'm still mostly a collector, and still getting deals here.  Got some great stuff lately out of October's thread. 

However, I guess I am spending more on eBay as of late.