• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The name's Steranko, Jim Steranko
2 2

67 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, jaeldubyoo said:

Is this a tribute to Batman 31? It preceded Adam's Batman 227 by 2 years.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw it. Definitely same theme and very similar composition, but I really love the dynamic gestures Steranko put into his figures. Also similar to Adams' House of Secrets cover which came the month before Bats 227....

LoomingCastleTheme.thumb.jpg.fb316363ccb113081d819cc646a1f41c.jpg

Nice, aardvark, that was in the back of my mind and glad you shared it.

This one's not my copy, didn't want to break out the box just for a pic, easier to find one on webz. 

Olshevsky must've commissioned the cover of vol 4 of his index featuring the FF like he did with some covers to other volumes of his Index (Adams on Avengers, Byrne on X-Men etc).

5a8c741e1791e_ffindex4.jpg.111c598456baaed14151230a4bc38b5a.jpg

12 minutes ago, grebal said:

Olshevsky must've commissioned the cover of vol 4 of his index featuring the FF like he did with some covers to other volumes of his Index (Adams on Avengers, Byrne on X-Men etc).

5a8c741e1791e_ffindex4.jpg.111c598456baaed14151230a4bc38b5a.jpg

I seem to recall it may have been Cockrum on Olshevsky's Marvel Comics Index: X-men by the way Iceman was drawn.