• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hope Summers - Hype or the Real thing? Deadpool2?
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Hope Summers first appeared in X-Men 205. 

Raws were under $10 and now doubled to $20-25. 

There is much speculation betting that she is in Deadpool2. 

CGC 9.8 are over $175. The Campbell variant is much higher. 

Any thoughts?

I am loving the X-force 26,27,28 Second Coming David Finch 1:25 Variants. 

On 2/12/2018 at 2:25 PM, Jackhartmann said:

Hope Summers first appeared in X-Men 205. 

Raws were under $10 and now doubled to $20-25. 

There is much speculation betting that she is in Deadpool2. 

CGC 9.8 are over $175. The Campbell variant is much higher. 

Any thoughts?

I am loving the X-force 26,27,28 Second Coming David Finch 1:25 Variants. 

Why is X-Men #205 her sought after first appearance and Uncanny X-Men #201 is peanuts compared to New Mutants #87?

18 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Why is X-Men #205 her sought after first appearance and Uncanny X-Men #201 is peanuts compared to New Mutants #87?

Her being a baby is a big part of her character, after m day 1st mutant born.  

Uxm201 is basically a retcon to make cable a Summers.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Because it has an incentive variant and a low printed 2nd print so it wins the first appearance sweepstakes. Besides, how many issues pass until Hope appears as an adult? You going to wait until Second Coming? Plus, her infant status when she first appears is the foundation of the character. 

New Mutants 87 wins because of the cover.

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Huh? Hope is Cable's daughter. It was also his wife's name who was killed.

Cable just adopted her. He saved her when her family was killed.

Edited by Bird

46 minutes ago, Bird said:

Cable just adopted her. He saved her when her family was killed.

Unless I misread it, that's not how it's explained in this issue. She may be adopted, but Cable was married to her mother, Hope.

Cable_Vol_2_10.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

her dad was the fireman who done blowed up real good. maybe they retconned it, but she has no blood relation to the Summers clan and was adopted by Cable. The wife Hope was in the future where Cable went after he took the baby, who was still unnamed at that point.

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Unless I misread it, that's not how it's explained in this issue.

Cable_Vol_2_10.jpg

I looked at that on marvel.com but only the first page or two is free to me. Hope is not Cable's daughter biologically though. He just saves her when her town gets exploded.

1 minute ago, Bird said:

I looked at that on marvel.com but only the first page or two is free to me. Hope is not Cable's daughter biologically though. He just saves her when her town gets exploded.

Correct.
This story does take place in the future. Hope (wife) is killed. Hope (unnamed child at that point) kills the "robot" that killed her mother. At the end someone asks what the child's name is and he says Hope.

5 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Correct.
This story does take place in the future. Hope (wife) is killed. Hope (unnamed child at that point) kills the "robot" that killed her mother. At the end someone asks what the child's name is and he says Hope.

right. But that is not her mom. Her mom was in the past and killed and Cable took the baby to the future to hide and met the woman Hope, whom he marries.

I checked my facts on some Marvel site, Hope is not related to Cable biologically. 

Edited by Bird

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

right. But that is not her mom. Her mom was in the past and killed and Cable took the baby to the future to hide and met the woman Hope, whom he marries.

I checked my facts on some Marvel site, Hope is not related to Cable biologically. 

Ah, right. It says Louis Spalding is her mother.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Ah, right. It says Louis Spalding is her mother.

That Cable 10 must not have been written very well! :baiting:

I gave up reading the wiki so it could have been retconned but the story is so convoluted no wonder they cannot convey it succinctly.

Edited to add: Louis is her mother? 

Edited by Bird

9 minutes ago, Bird said:

That Cable 10 must not have been written very well! :baiting:

I gave up reading the wiki so it could have been retconned but the story is so convoluted no wonder they cannot convey it succinctly.

Edited to add: Louis is her mother? 

It didn't say it was her mother in that story. Cable and Hope were married and the child was there. I made some incorrect assumptions.

Ha, Louise

Edited by ygogolak

22 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Correct.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

I didn't say it was her mother in that story.

:baiting:

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I made some incorrect assumptions.

Like I said, it is pretty convoluted so that is to be expected.