• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality Back Issues - Now at Comix Revolution in Mt. Prospect, IL
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I hired Jim Mortensen in 1995 fresh out of Northwestern to head the marketing efforts of the then 21-store Moondog's chain.  When the industry collapsed (along with Moondog's) in 1996 Jim opened Comix Revolution in an old Moondog's location in Mt. Prospect, IL.  He opened his second location in Evanston soon after.

That's over 20 years ago. 

In all those years Jim didn't sell any vintage comics.  He just didn't want to invest all the time and effort necessary to learn about old comic books when it was the art form, and the creators of today, that were his main interests.  So no back issues.  They just didn't fit in with his marketing plans and his idea of what a comic book shop should be.

That's where I come in.  About 5 years ago I convinced Jim to let me be his buyer of vintage comics.  After all there were tons of old Moondog's customers still in the area and they may want to sell their collections and who better to buy them than the guy who sold them?!

So for 5 years I've been buying old comics in the Mt. Prospect location and every so often filling a few requests.  Enter Pete Przysiezny of Comics4Less.  The national comic book selling powerhouse.  I flip a lot of quality material to Pete and he keeps asking where it's coming from.  I tell him Comix Revolution in Mt. Prospect - I'm their buyer of vintage comics.  He suggests a meeting with Jim to discuss SELLING old comics at the shop!  Whoa!  So the three of us get together and lo and behold, Comix Revolution at 115 W. Central Rd. now has one of the best back issue selections in Chicago. 

We're just getting started.  Pete brought in 25 boxes of quality SA and BA and a smattering of some nice moderns.  I added a few things myself.  $2 and $5 and $10 books.  Tons at over half Overstreet.  No kidding.  With more to come.

Oh, and you get a bonus too.  I'll be hanging out at the shop more often.  If you have quality material to sell call me at 847.707.7092 or email me at moondog100@comcast.net.  We'll also be filling want lists too. 

IMG_20180212_144416.jpg

IMG_20180212_144847.jpg

IMG_20180212_145027.jpg

IMG_20180212_145045.jpg

IMG_20180212_145216.jpg

22 hours ago, Moondog said:

I hired Jim Mortensen in 1995 fresh out of Northwestern to head the marketing efforts of the then 21-store Moondog's chain.  When the industry collapsed (along with Moondog's) in 1996 Jim opened Comix Revolution in an old Moondog's location in Mt. Prospect, IL.  He opened his second location in Evanston soon after.

That's over 20 years ago. 

In all those years Jim didn't sell any vintage comics.  He just didn't want to invest all the time and effort necessary to learn about old comic books when it was the art form, and the creators of today, that were his main interests.  So no back issues.  They just didn't fit in with his marketing plans and his idea of what a comic book shop should be.

That's where I come in.  About 5 years ago I convinced Jim to let me be his buyer of vintage comics.  After all there were tons of old Moondog's customers still in the area and they may want to sell their collections and who better to buy them than the guy who sold them?!

So for 5 years I've been buying old comics in the Mt. Prospect location and every so often filling a few requests.  Enter Pete Przysiezny of Comics4Less.  The national comic book selling powerhouse.  I flip a lot of quality material to Pete and he keeps asking where it's coming from.  I tell him Comix Revolution in Mt. Prospect - I'm their buyer of vintage comics.  He suggests a meeting with Jim to discuss SELLING old comics at the shop!  Whoa!  So the three of us get together and lo and behold, Comix Revolution at 115 W. Central Rd. now has one of the best back issue selections in Chicago. 

We're just getting started.  Pete brought in 25 boxes of quality SA and BA and a smattering of some nice moderns.  I added a few things myself.  $2 and $5 and $10 books.  Tons at over half Overstreet.  No kidding.  With more to come.

Oh, and you get a bonus too.  I'll be hanging out at the shop more often.  If you have quality material to sell call me at 847.707.7092 or email me at moondog100@comcast.net.  We'll also be filling want lists too. 

IMG_20180212_144416.jpg

IMG_20180212_144847.jpg

IMG_20180212_145027.jpg

IMG_20180212_145045.jpg

IMG_20180212_145216.jpg

Do you buy slabed or just raw books?