• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EC ed's Virtual Comic Store is CLOSED
2 2

26 posts in this topic

Welcome to my "store", where I'll perpetually offer up my undercopies and things that I've decided to no longer collect. Unless otherwise mentioned in individual book grading notes, all books are complete with no missing pages, cutouts, etc., and no known restoration or pressing. 

Here's a link to my KUDOS THREAD

I try to grade conservatively and cut to the chase on prices from the get-go. Of course, if you think I'm off on something, I'm happy to discuss. Thanks for looking/shopping! :foryou:

Ed

Store Map (click the Aisle # for transportation)

• AISLE 1: EC Comics
  • AISLE 2: Motorcycle Covers
  • AISLE 3: Assorted Collecting Themes
    • All-American Publication cover logo books
    • Billiards covers
    • February 1971 books (my birth month)
  • AISLE 4: Assorted Collecting Themes, continued
    • Chalkboard covers
    • Mad imitator books (satire)
    • Shark covers
    • SOTI/POP books
  • AISLE 5: out-of-stock
  • AISLE 6: out-of-stock
  • AISLE 7: Daredevil
  • AISLE 8: Fantastic Four
  • AISLE 9: Tales of Suspense & Iron Man
  • AISLE 10: Assorted Silver/Bronze Marvel
  • AISLE 11: Assorted Other Publishers
  • AISLE 12: Mad Magazines
  • AISLE 13: Other (non-Mad) Magazines

General Rules

• No PL/HOS members, and I reserve the right to ask for references if you are a new/low post count boardie making a large purchase. Aside from that, the first taker wins, whether in the thread or via PM, based on time stamp.
  • The new board software does not display precise times that posts were made (either in PMs or in sales threads). So, although I don't like it, the first "take it" posted in the thread wins (whether a straight thread take it, or a "take it via PM" if we reached a deal via PM). I'll mark books SOLD as soon as reasonably possible; if I put a book ON HOLD, that book is not available for purchase until it comes back off HOLD

Payment

• I'll take PayPal, personal checks, or USPS money orders;
  • I'll expect payment within 10 calendar days, or the book will be available for sale again (unless we've made other payment arrangements)
  • I'll gladly consider longer-term time payments, but PM me to discuss terms before taking a book if you need that.

Shipping Terms

• USA:
    - Raw Comics: shipping via priority mail, $7 for up to 5 books, $10 for 6 or more books
    - Graded Comics: shipping via priority mail, $12 each book
    - Mad Magazines: issues above #30 qualify for media mail shipping, $4 flat regardless how many you buy
    - Other (non-Mad) Magazines: have ads, so have to go priority mail, at cost (around 10-12 mags will fit in a flat rate box for $12)
    - Of course, I'll combine shipping for multiple purchases to minimize your total shipping cost
  • Canada, UK or Australia:
    - we'll figure incremental shipping charges (either via first class or priority mail international, depending on package value and destination)
  • Other International Destinations:
    - case by case basis...I'll need to see if I'm comfortable with available shipping options

Returns/Refunds

• General Policy: I will accept returns for any reason within two weeks of your receipt of the books, as long as the books are returned to me as they were when you received them (note then that pressing of books will render them unreturnable). On raw book returns, you cover shipping cost back to me unless I messed up. On graded book returns, you cover shipping cost both ways. After two weeks, books are not returnable for any reason, except as specified below in the section entitled “Restoration and raw books.”
  • Restoration and raw books: I will offer a six month return policy for any raw books I have sold as unrestored that you submit for grading that come back as restored (or conserved). Upon the return to me of the slabbed book within six months of the date I shipped the book to you, I will refund your original amount paid to me (for the book plus shipping them to you). I will not refund any fees associated with grading/slabbing, including shipping the books to the grading company, or return shipping to me. Per the above “General policy,” if you have the book pressed in the process of grading it, it is unreturnable.
Edited by EC ed

Aisle 1: EC Comics

th_css8b_f.jpgth_css8b_r.jpgth_extra1b_f.jpgth_extra1b_r.jpg

Crime SuspenStories #8, FN+ 6.5, $150 1/8” triangle chip ulbc; staple oxidation; reading stress; bit of a bend down through the “R” upper fc
Extra #1, VF- 7.5, $85 tiny split upper spine corner; few sm. chips out of leading edge bc (looks production-related); light interior cover tanning halos; small date (Jan. 14, 1955) written in pencil and again in ink lower margin of the splash page 

th_mad2_f.jpgth_mad2_r.jpgth_mad10_dm.jpgth_mad10dm_r.jpgth_mad12b_f.jpgth_mad12b_r.jpgth_mad12c_f.jpgth_mad12c_r.jpg

Mad #2, CGC 6.5 CR/OW, $435
Mad #10, VG/FN 5.0, $135 Don & Maggie Thompson Copy (comes with a certificate from Worldwide Comics); chipping/small tears back cover edges; general wear fc edges and spine; sm. diag cb crease tip urfc; sm. corner tips out of several interior pages (production-related)
Mad #12 (Copy A), FN 6.0, $125 half-inch diag. tear coming into the bottom edge fc from lower spine corner; bit of fc creasing/wear through the “M” in Mad; nice pages; notorious nudity panel in "Starchie" 
Mad #12 (Copy B), GD+ 2.5, $30 half inch lower spine split; 2” upper spine split; other spine wear/chipping/tearing; semi-circle tear top edge fc; nice page quality; notorious nudity panel in "Starchie"

th_mad13dm_f.jpgth_mad13dm_r.jpgth_mad17b_f.jpgth_mad17b_r.jpgth_mad18b_f.jpgth_mad18b_r.jpg

Mad #13, FN- 5.5, $125 Don & Maggie Thompson copy (comes with a Worldwide Comics certificate); few small chips back cover edge; moderate spine/cover edge wear; light center bend fc
Mad #17, FN 6.0, $95 back cover horiz. production crease; general spine/cover edge wear
Mad #18, FN 6.0, $95 chipping lower edge bc (production); general wear; sm. diag. crease urfc

th_mad19b_f.jpgth_mad19b_r.jpgth_mad20b_f.jpgth_mad20b_r.jpgth_mad20c_f.jpgth_mad20c_r.jpg

Mad #19, VG/FN 5.0, $75 general wear; tiny bit of schmutz lower leading edge fc; missing corner tip lrfc
Mad #20 (Copy 1 of 2), VF 8.0, $250 deslabbed CGC 8.0 (comes with label); sm. sliver/chip leading edge bc; minor spine stress accum
Mad #20 (Copy 2 of 2), VG- 3.5, $40 light moisture staining bc also affects some interior pages (everything supple); half-inch tear lower edge fc; few color abrasions fc; overall a solid book, but moisture stains kill the technical grade

th_mad21b_f.jpgth_mad21b_r.jpgth_mad21c_f.jpgth_mad21c_r.jpgth_mad22b_f.jpgth_mad22b_r.jpg

Mad #21 (Copy 1 of 2), FN/VF 7.0, $150 chipping on leading edge bc (looks production-related)
Mad #21 (Copy 2 of 2), VG+ 4.5, $60 chipping on leading edge bc (looks production-related); creases on urfc and lrfc; spine stress; a few light staining spots here and there
Mad #22, VG/FN 5.0, $75 inch-and-a-half tear leading edge bc; sm. cb crease lrfc

th_panic8b_f.jpgth_panic8b_r.jpgth_panic10a_f.jpgth_panic10a_r.jpg

Panic #8, FN/VF 7.0, $45 couple small edge chips; spine corner abrasions; light wear
Panic #10, FN/VF 7.0, $45 light diag. crease/bend llbc; spine stress; light cover edge wear; light interior cover tanning halos

th_tinytot1_f.jpgth_tinytot1_r2.jpgth_twofisted36b_f.jpgth_twofisted36b_r.jpg

Tiny Tot Comics #1, VG+ 4.5, $80 small dot-to-dot picture completed in pencil interior back cover; cover edge wear; corner blunting; spine wear, etc.
Two-Fisted Tales #36, VF 8.0, $100 light overall wear; quarter-inch tear lower edge fc

th_weirdscience13b_f.jpgth_weirdscience13b_r.jpgth_weirdscience16b_f.jpgth_weirdscience16b_r.jpgth_wsf25b_f.jpgth_wsf25b_r.jpg

Weird Science #13, FN+ 6.5, $235 few small chips bottom edge bc (looks production related); mild interior cover tanning; light general wear
Weird Science #16, VG/FN 5.0, $200 bit of schmutz on back cover; back cover thin dust shadow; general wear fc; light stain fc running through the “S” in “SCIENCE”; light, thin stain bottom edge fc
Weird Science-Fantasy #25, VG 4.0, $80 sm. piece out lower edge fc; lower spine corner abrasion/tear; general wear; sm. tears around staples

Edited by EC ed

Aisle 2: Motorcycle Covers

Golden Age

th_aamow3b_f.jpgth_aamow3b_r.jpgth_blackhawk94_f.jpgth_blackhawk94_r.jpgth_mightymidget12_f.jpgth_mightymidget12_r.jpgth_police74b_f.jpgth_police74b_r.jpg

All American Men of War #3, VG+ 4.5, $85 general wear; few chips out of bc edges; sm. moisture stain lower spine corner
Blackhawk #94, FN- 5.5, $40 general wear; grease pencil “a” fc (over “BLIND VICTORY”)
Mighty Midget Comics (Minute Man) #12, CGC 9.2 OW/W, $60
Police Comics #74, CGC 5.0 CR/OW, $85

th_shockingcases58_f.jpgth_shockingcases58_r.jpgth_strictprivate1_f.jpgth_strictprivate1_r.jpgth_vacationparade1_f.jpgth_vacationparade1_r.jpg

Shocking Mystery Cases #58, GD+ 2.5, $45 heavy all-around wear; remnants of some writing lower bc; cover detached lower staple; top staple still hanging on
Strictly Private #1, CGC 8.0 CR/OW, $225
Vacation Parade #1, CGC 5.5 OW, $225

Silver/Bronze Age

th_advunknown99_f.jpgth_advunknown99_r.jpgth_bravebold91_f.jpgth_bravebold91_r.jpgth_brotherpower1_f.jpgth_brotherpower1_r.jpgth_cap128_f.jpgth_cap128_r.jpgth_detective307_f.jpgth_detective307_r.jpg

Adventures Into the Unknown #99, VF 8.0, $35 light cover edge wear; spine stress accum; “6/19” in light pencil fc (to the left of the cycle)
Brave and the Bold #91, VF- 7.5, $10 spine stress accum; mild edge wear; small cb crease tip lrfc
Brother Power the Geek #1, CGC 7.5 W, $35
Captain America #128, VG/FN 5.0, 
$6 general wear/creasing; pinhole on FC in the CCA seal
Detective Comics #307, CGC 9.0 OW, $115

th_detective396a_f.jpgth_detective396a_r.jpgth_mighty42_f.jpgth_mighty42_r.jpgth_muttjeff140_f.jpgth_muttjeff140_r.jpgth_mysteryspace89_f.jpgth_mysteryspace89_r.jpg

Detective Comics #396, CGC 9.4 W, $250 Pacific Coast pedigree
Mighty Comics #42, VF 8.0, $15 light edge wear; spine stress accum ; motorcycle cover
Mutt and Jeff #140, CGC 9.4 OW/W, $50 File copy
Mystery in Space #89, FN/VF 7.0, $38 light wear; hint of a long ncb bend fc

th_sadsack14_f.jpgth_sadsack14_r.jpgth_sadsack30_f.jpgth_sadsack30_r.jpgth_showcase59_f.jpgth_showcase59_r.jpgth_showcase88_f.jpgth_showcase88_r.jpg

Sad Sack and the Sarge #14, VF- 7.5, $15 mild crunchie/crinkling lower spine corner; motorcycle cover; File copy
Sad Sack and the Sarge #30, VF+ 8.5, $20 lower spine corner blunting; light edge wear; File copy
Showcase #59, VG/FN 5.0, $30 foxing; spine wear with small chip; sm. chip out upper spine corner
Showcase #88, VF+ 8.5, $12 spine stress accum; minor spine corner blunting

th_suppaljimmy91_f.jpgth_suppaljimmy91_r.jpgth_tenderlove1_f_zps70c433fb.jpgth_tenderlove1_r.jpgth_worldofwheels22_f.jpgth_worldofwheels22_r.jpgth_worldofwheels26_f.jpgth_worldofwheels26_r.jpg

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #91, VF- 7.5, $14 lower spine corner crunchie/crinkle; bit of creasing ulbc
Tender Love Stories #1, VG 4.0, $10 couple crinkles/creases on a few interior pages; general cover wear; reading creasing next to spine; Tough to find Skywald
World of Wheels #22, FN+ 6.5, $6 general wear; thin light smudge urbc next to spine
World of Wheels #26, VF- 7.5, $10 spine stress accum; wear/tiny crease tip of llbc

Edited by EC ed

Aisle 3: Assorted Collecting Themes

Billiards Covers

th_archiegiant33_f.jpgth_archiegiant33_r.jpgth_archiesmadhouse21_f.jpgth_archiesmadhouse21_r.jpgth_popular124b_f.jpgth_popular124b_r.jpg

Archie Giant Series #33, VG 4.0, $9 squarebound; bit of tearing/splitting upper and lower spine corners; moderate size moisture stain bottom center fc
Archie's Madhouse #21, VG/FN 5.0, $10 bit of creasing ulbc; small tip off lrfc; moderate general wear; "JUL 10" fc stamp
Popular Comics #124, CGC 7.0 OW/W, $60

(My) Birth-Month Books (February 1971 cover date)

th_action397_f.jpgth_action397_r.jpgth_adventure402_f.jpgth_adventure402_r.jpg

Action Comics #397, FN 6.0, $5 interior cover tanning; several small water droplet stains interior fc and bc; general wear 
Adventure Comics #402, FN 6.0, $5 general wear; lower spine corner crunchie; lrfc diag. crease/bend 

th_archieandme40_f.jpgth_archieandme40_r.jpgth_archie206_f.jpgth_archie206_r.jpgth_astonishtales4_f.jpgth_astonishtales4_r.jpgth_babysnoots3_f.jpgth_babysnoots3_r.jpg

Archie and Me #40, FN/VF 7.0, $5 sm. bit of creasing tip lrfc; minor foxing; bump indentation bottom center fc
Archie Comics #206, FN 6.0, $3 fc color scrape through the "A"; sm. crease tip urfc; light wear; minor bit of staple rust spotting
Astonishing Tales #4, FN/VF 7.0, $7 light wear; little bit of schmutz lower right back cover
Baby Snoots #3, VF 8.0, $6 minor spine stress; tiny lower corner crunchie

th_heehaw4_f.jpgth_heehaw4_r.jpg th_jughead189_f.jpgth_jughead189_r.jpgth_millie188_f.jpgth_millie188_r.jpg

Hee-Haw #4, FN/VF 7.0, $8 light cover wear; sm. indentation/crunch lower edge bc
Jughead #189, VF 8.0, $5  light cover edge wear and corner blunting
Millie the Model #188, FN+ 6.5, $15 general wear/light creasing bc; fc top edge wear

th_sgtfury84_f_zps7f420da5.jpgth_sgtfury84_r.jpgth_spooky38_f.jpgth_spooky38_r.jpgth_sgll108_f.jpgth_sgll108_r.jpg

Sgt. Fury #84, FN/VF 7.0, $5 lower spine corner crunchie; that's a production crease through "COMMANDOS"
Spooky Spooktown #38, VF/NM 9.0, $15 nice square-bound
Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #108, VF- 7.5, $15 sm. diag crease tip urfc; light reading wear along spine

th_worldsfinest200_f.jpgth_worldsfinest200_r.jpg

World's Finest #200, VG/FN 5.0, $5 creasing/sm. tear bc edge; fc creasing

Edited by EC ed

Aisle 4: Assorted Collecting Themes, continued...

Chalkboard Covers

th_archiespaljug83_f.jpgth_archiespaljug83_r.jpgth_bettyandme6_f.jpgth_bettyandme6_r.jpgth_bettyandme20_f.jpgth_bettyandme20_r.jpgth_devilkids18_f.jpgth_devilkids18_r.jpg

Archie's Pal Jughead #83, VG- 3.5, $4 "FEB 20" date stamp; big creases back cover; chipping top edge bc; light moisture stains here and there on the covers
Betty and Me #6, FN/VF 7.0, $15 couple long cover creases/bends that don’t break color
Betty and Me #20, FN/VF 7.0, $8 slight diag. bend urbc; cover edge wear; diag. cb crease tip of lrfc

th_cookie3_f.jpgth_cookie3_r.jpgth_devilkids18_f.jpgth_devilkids18_r.jpgth_girl7_f.jpgth_girl7_r.jpgth_morefun111_f.jpgth_morefun111_r.jpg

Cookie #3, FN/VF 7.0, $55 nice PQ; wear on the spine corners; spine stress accum.; tiny horiz. tear leading edge bc
Devil Kids Starring Hot Stuff #18, VF/NM 9.0, $20 slight wear leading edge fc; small bend tip urfc
Girl Comics #7, VG/FN 5.0, $32 spine wear; center vertical crease with a little color break on the upper half of the fc; pencil code upper bc
More Fun Comics #111, FN+ 6.5, $130 spine corner blunting; fc dust shadow top and leading edges; few ncb reading bends fc

th_superboy12_f.jpgth_superboy12_r.jpgth_vicverity3_f.jpgth_vicverity3_r.jpgth_wdcs61_f.jpgth_wdcs61_r.jpg

Superboy #12, CGC 6.0 W, $275
Vic Verity #3, VG+ 4.5, $25
 lower spine corner wear/chip; diag crease ulbc; diag. crease urfc with some color break
Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #61, VG/FN 5.0, $65 lower spine corner wear/chip; slight spine roll; spine stress accum; couple of long, straight creases/bends fc

Mad Imitators

th_crazy1b_f.jpgth_crazy1b_r.jpg

Crazy #1, GD+ 2.5, $70 comprehensive wear; few bits of moisture staining here and there; cover is basically detached at lower staple; 2” upper spine split; 1” lower spine split; despite all that, the book presents really well

th_nuts5b_f.jpgth_nuts5b_r.jpgth_riot3b_f.jpgth_riot3b_r.jpg

Nuts #5, GD 2.0, $15 cover is effectively detached (although technically hanging on by a thread at the lower staple); heavy wear; interior cover tanning halos; bit of staple rust migration
Riot #3, GD/VG 3.0, $35 a few random moisture-droplet-type stains, plus a front cover ring stain (like the book was a coaster for a drink); overall wear; couple small pieces out of corners; pinholes through the entire book lrfc, urfc, and ulfc (someone must have tacked this onto a wall at some point)

Shark Covers

th_spooky60_f_zps4918378a.jpgth_spooky60_r_zpsa948e578.jpgth_voyage1_f_zps0b15dac5.jpgth_voyage1_r_zps372256e3.jpg

Spooky #60, VF 8.0, $20 bit of wear on the edge of urfc keeps it down
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea #1, FN 6.0, $15

SOTI/POP Books

th_classicsill89_f.jpgth_classicsill89_r.jpgth_jungle98_f.jpgth_jungle98_r.jpgth_lawbreakerslose7_f.jpgth_lawbreakerslose7_r.jpgth_yourunitedstatesa_f.jpgth_yourunitedstatesa_r.jpg

Classics Illustrated #89, GD/VG 3.0, $5 POP illo.; HRN 89 (1st printing); overall wear; lots of cb creasing on the fc
Jungle Comics #98, VG+ 4.5, $50 SOTI Illo; quarter-inch lower spine split; general wear; cover tearing around staples, but still attached; back cover stamp
Lawbreakers Always Lose #7, GD 2.0, $25 SOTI Illo #3 with caption, "Comic-book philosophy." piece of tape upper spine; chipping/paper loss around edges as seen in scans; general wear; staples still holding everything nicely together all the way through; brittleness around the edges on the interior pages, but I just flipped through it and nothing is presently flaking off...still a serviceable copy.
Your United States #nn; FN+ 6.5, $75 general wear; corner abrasions

Edited by EC ed

Aisle 7: Daredevil

th_dd5_f.jpgth_dd5_r.jpg

Daredevil #5, FN/VF 7.0, $115 light/moderate tanning halos interior covers; light cover edge wear

th_dd36f_zpsb57edc38.jpgth_dd36r_zps8ad915b2.jpgth_dd45a_f.jpgth_dd45a_r.jpgth_dd47af_zps795d84a6.jpgth_dd47ar_zpsb98d17c4.jpg

Daredevil #36, FN+ 6.5 Apparent, $8 slight color touch along leading edge and spine with bleed through
Daredevil #45, NM- 9.2, $48 slight distributor ink spray top edge
Daredevil #47, FN 6.0, $8 BC needs a dry clean; production creasing FC

th_dd193_f.jpg

Daredevil #193, GD/VG 3.0, $0.50 comprehensive wear; big moisture stain upper back cover

Edited by EC ed

Aisle 8: Fantastic Four

th_img054_zps738f8eb9.jpgth_ff107b_f_zps4eea142d.jpgth_img062_zps2525fd57.jpg

Fantastic Four #105, VG 4.0, $4 tiny piece of tape stuck on back cover for no reason; lower spine corner crunchie; 1/4" tear upper edge bc; foxing; cb crease LRFC
Fantastic Four #107, FN+ 6.5, $12 mild tanning; dist. Ink top edge
Fantastic Four #115, VG+ 4.5, $5 minor foxing; general wear; 5/8" lower spine split

th_ff133_f.jpgth_ff133_r.jpgth_ff160_f.jpg

Fantastic Four #133, VG/FN 5.0, $5 bit of soiling back cover; general wear; few cb creases on the FC corners; spine stress accumulation; arrival date in pen FC
Fantastic Four #160, FN/VF 7.0, $4 diag. crease that barely breaks color URFC; minor spine stresses and edge wear

Edited by EC ed

Aisle 9: Tales of Suspense & Iron Man

Tales of Suspense

th_tos46b_f.jpgth_tos46b_r.jpgth_tos49_f.jpgth_tos49_r.jpgth_tos55_f.jpgth_tos55_r.jpgth_tos62_f.jpgth_tos62_r.jpg

Tales of Suspense #46, FN- 5.5, $100 spine stress; quarter-inch vert. tear lower edge fc; bit of smudging/rub fc under the big “S” in Suspense; name “Gene” written in ink center fc
Tales of Suspense #49, CGC 6.5 OW/W, $250
Tales of Suspense #55, FN- 5.5, $40 general wear; spine corner abrasions; quarter-inch vert. tear top edge fc; couple of ink “plus” marks next to the fc price box
Tales of Suspense #62, VG 4.0, $15 moderate spine stress accum; general cover wear/creasing; hint of a light nickel-sized moisture stain LRFC…very subtle

th_tos68_f.jpgth_tos68_r.jpgth_tos69b_f.jpgth_tos69b_r.jpgth_tos75_f.jpgth_tos75_r.jpg

Tales of Suspense #68, FN 6.0, $15 initials "DP" on margin of splash page; 1/2" tear in margin of 13th page; top edge dist. ink; general wear
Tales of Suspense #69, VG- 3.5, $5 moderate back cover wear; big horizontal crease on the FC; spine stress; other heavy creasing FC
Tales of Suspense #75, VG/FN 5.0, $30 wear/microtearing top edge BC; moderate spine stress; spine corner wear; first Sharon Carter.

th_tos79_f.jpgth_tos79_r.jpgth_tos95_f.jpgth_tos95_r.jpg

Tales of Suspense #79, VG+ 4.5, $10 few BC leading edge tears; spine stress/wear; general edge wear
Tales of Suspense #95, FN/VF 7.0, $15 interior cover light tanning halos; ink stamp back cover; cover edge wear

Iron Man

th_im19_f.jpgth_im19_r.jpgth_im23_f.jpgth_im23_r.jpg

Iron Man #19, VG- 3.5, $3 few small stains here and there; spot of color loss (tape pull?) on the upper FC edge; general creasing/wear
Iron Man #23, GD/VG 3.0, $2 pretty big stain BC that penetrates to interior cover; another small bit on the FC; geeral wear; FC basically detached from bottom staple

Edited by EC ed

Aisle 10: Assorted Silver/Bronze Marvel

th_aa6_f_zps0a05d0c5.jpgth_aa6_r_zpsf035ad7f.jpgth_asm190_f.jpgth_asm190_r.jpgth_img630_zps8a5a8bb5.jpgth_img631_zpsc01166dd.jpg

Amazing Adventures 6, VG- 3.5, $65 moderate FC wear & creasing; distributor/dealer went heavy on the ink spray on the top and bottom edge
Amazing Spider-Man #190, VF+ 8.5, $10
Creatures on the Loose 22, VF 7.5, $8 First comic book appearance of Thongor; nice copy; tiny chip off the urfc knocks it down; also, tiny bit of wear on the leading edge fc

th_img197_zpsd0243291.jpgth_incredhulk152_f.jpgth_incredhulk152_r.jpgth_img200_zps05456191.jpgth_img201_zps792106e2.jpgth_marvsupheroes14_f.jpgth_marvsupheroes14_r.jpgth_img019_zps5e4289ce.jpgth_mtu18_f.jpg

Ghost Rider 21, VG+ 4.5, $2 creasing, etc..
Incredible Hulk #152, FN/VF 7.0, $10 small diag. creases tips of urfc and lrfc; bit of reading stress
Ka-Zar 1, VG+ 4.5, $5 Hidden profanity cover; 68-page squarebound giant.; "75" in pencil on back cover; 1/4" tear leading edge back cover; 3/4" lower spine split; writing/store stamp on Kazaar's chest
Marvel Super Heroes #14, 6.5 FN+, $18 square bound; general wear; diag. creasing/wear lrfc; cb diag. crease tip of urfc
Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 11, VF/NM or better, $5
Marvel Team-Up 18, FN-, $4 moderate ncb wear on the fc; light diagonal crease lrfc

th_notbrand3_f.jpgth_notbrand3_r.jpgth_notbrand8_f.jpgth_notbrand8_r.jpgth_outlawkid4_f.jpgth_outlawkid4_r.jpgth_img032_zps4a55c963.jpg

Not Brand Echh #3, GD/VG 3.0, $3 moderate overall wear; triangles missing lower fc corners; ink price & scribble top bc; tearing around staples (although still attached, technically speaking)
Not Brand Echh #8, VG/FN 5.0, $3 chip out ulbc corner tip; sm. stain top edge bc; cover edge wear; cf detached top staple
Outlaw Kid #4, FN 6.0, $3 couple of very light vertical non-color breaking creases FC that you can't see in the scan; minor tearing around lower staple
Secret Wars II 9, VF+, $2

th_specspider11a_f.jpgth_specspider17_f.jpgth_specspider18_f.jpg

Spectacular Spider-Man 11, VF-, $4
Spectacular Spider-Man 17, FN, $1
Spectacular Spider-Man 18, FN/VF, $4

th_submariner2b_f.jpgth_submariner2b_r.jpgth_submariner4_f.jpgth_submariner4_r.jpgth_submariner9_f.jpgth_submariner9_r.jpgth_submariner10_f.jpgth_submariner10_r.jpg

Sub-Mariner #2, GD+ 2.5, $5 interior cover tanning halos; general wear/creasing; 4” back cover tear coming down from the top edge; last interior page has similar tear
Sub-Mariner #4, FN- 5.5, $10 diag cb crease LRFC; normal edge wear; “R.O.” written in ink lower margin of splash page
Sub-Mariner #9, FN/VF 7.0, $14 wear on the fc upper edge overhang; minor spine stress accum.; mild abrasion on Subby’s face in the fc logo box
Sub-Mariner #10, VG 4.0, $6 ink bottom edge; cb creases on tips of urfc and lrfc; cover detached at lower staple

th_img214_zps431fc72e.jpgth_thor147_f.jpgth_thor147_r.jpgth_thor149_f.jpgth_thor149_r.jpgth_xmen37a_f.jpgth_xmen37a_r.jpg

The Thing 1, FN/VF, $1
Thor #147, GD/VG 3.0, $5 heavy cb creasing fc; tape pull llfc
Thor #149, GD+ 2.5, $5 heavy creasing; sm. piece missing top edge fc; tearing along spine; half-inch tear leading edge fc; everything attached
X-Men #37, VF+ 8.5, $78 dust shadow back cover edge, and a tiny sliver of one on the leading edge fc; tiny cb crease tip of urfc; minor spine stress accum.

Edited by EC ed

Aisle 11: Assorted Other Publishers

th_battle65_f.jpgth_battle65_r.jpgth_battle66_f.jpgth_battle66_r.jpg

Battle 65, VG 4.0, $30 mild interior cover tanning; couple minor tears on a couple interior page margins; 1/2" vertical tear lower edge FC; moderate cover wear/creasing; bit of chipping out of the leading edge FC
Battle #66, VG/FN 5.0, $45 bc dust shadows; interior cover tanning halos; quarter-inch tear leading edge fc; spine wear

th_classill138_f.jpgth_classill138_r.jpgth_crimednp78_f.jpgth_crimednp78_r.jpgth_img004_zps9e93b1fe.jpgth_img007_zpscf8641dc.jpg

Classics Illustrated #138 (1st printing, HRN 136), VG/FN 5.0, $10 bit of paper loss lower spine corner/edge + bit of chipping/chew top edge - otherwise sharp
Crime Does Not Pay #78, FN 6.0, $40 cover edge wear; bit of tearing around upper staple - still solid attachment

Crisis on Infinite Earths 2, VF/NM or better, $3
Crisis on Infinite Earths 9, VF/NM or better, $5

th_ddcomics40_f_zps541acc74.jpgth_ddcomics40_r_zps6be286f6.jpg

Daredevil Comics #40, VG/FN 5.0, $48 couple chips out at top and bottom of spine

th_greenlantern73_f.jpgth_greenlantern73_r.jpgth_hos90_f.jpgth_hos90_r.jpgth_micronauts1_f.jpgth_micronauts1_r.jpg

Green Lantern #73, VF 8.0, $25 light wear; spine stress accum; hint of a reading bend next to spine
House of Secrets #90, CGC 8.5 OW/W, $60
Micronauts #1, CGC 4.5 OW/W, $5
 If you've been looking for a cheap "new case" slabbed book to experiment with, crack out, etc., here it is

th_youngmen8_f.jpgth_youngmen8_r.jpg

Young Men #8, CGC 7.0 W, $175

Edited by EC ed

Aisle 12: Mad Magazines - TEMPORARILY CLOSED

th_mad25b_f.jpgth_mad25b_r.jpgth_mad26b_f.jpgth_mad26b_r.jpgth_mad28b_f.jpgth_mad28b_r.jpgth_mad30b_f.jpgth_mad30b_r.jpg

Mad #25, VG+4.5, $70 slight spine roll; general wear; half-inch lower spine split
Mad #26, VG 4.0, $45 half-inch lower spine split; general wear
Mad #28, VG/FN 5.0, $70 "very useful Income Tax Guide" cover (there were 3 different cover variants); full-length vertical crease bc kills the technical grade…otherwise a sweet copy; light fc edge wear
Mad #30, VG/FN 5.0, $90 front edge slightly rolled; moderate spine/cover edge wear

th_mad67_f.jpgth_mad67_r.jpgth_mad76_f.jpgth_mad76_r.jpgth_mad77_f.jpgth_mad77_r.jpgth_mad79_f.jpgth_mad79_r.jpg

Mad #67, VG 4.0, $4.50 light cover soiling; clean staples; spine wear w/ half-inch split; top edge (light) charring in a spot through whole book (like it touched something hot - it's strange)
Mad #76, GD/VG 3.0, $3 1-3/4" . spine split; interior cover tanning; long bc crease
Mad #77, FR/GD 1.5, $1.50 2" upper spine split w/ sm. piece missing; 2" triangle missing lower spine corner/fc
Mad #79, FR/GD 1.5, $1.50 2" piece out urfc; more pieces out along upper spine

th_mad82_f.jpgth_mad82_r.jpgth_mad86_f.jpgth_mad86_r.jpgth_mad88_f.jpgth_mad88_r.jpgth_mad89_f.jpgth_mad89_r.jpg

Mad #82, GD+ 2.5, $2 general creasing/wear; sm. piece out center back cover lower edge; cf detached
Mad #86, VG/FN 5.0, $6 bc fold-in lightly creased; staple rust w/ no migration; otherwise quite nice
Mad #88, VG- 3.5, $3 bc fold-in creased; staple rust no migration; three-quarter inch . spine split
Mad #89, VG- 3.5, $3.50 bc fold-in creased; staple rust no migration; diag crease urfc

th_mad91_f.jpgth_mad91_r.jpgth_mad95_f.jpgth_mad95_r.jpgth_mad99_f.jpgth_mad99_r.jpgth_mad101_f.jpgth_mad101_r.jpg

Mad #91, GD/VG 3.0, $2 bc fold-in creased; spine roll; cf detached
Mad #95, VG+ 4.5, $3.50 bc fold-in creased; staple rust no migration
Mad #99, VG+ 4.5, $3.50 bc fold-in creased; slight spine roll
Mad #101, GD 2.0, $1 bc fold-in creased; 2" . spine split; staple rust no migration

th_mad105_f.jpgth_mad105_r.jpgth_mad107_f.jpgth_mad107_r.jpgth_mad109_f.jpgth_mad109_r.jpgth_mad114_f.jpgth_mad114_r.jpg

Mad #105, GD 2.0, $2 bc fold-in creased (minor); 1" piece missing lower left fc; staple rust no migration
Mad #107, VG+ 4.5, $2.50 bc fold-in creased; staple rust no migration
Mad #109, VG 4.0, $2 fold-in not creased; no staple rust; foxing; 1" spine split
Mad #114, VG 4.0, $2 bc fold-in creased; minor staple rust no migration

th_mad120_f.jpgth_mad120_r.jpgth_mad199_f.jpgth_mad199_r.jpgth_mad237_f.jpgth_mad237_r.jpg

Mad #120, VG/FN 5.0, $3 bc fold-in creased (minor)
Mad #199, FN- 5.5, $2 fold-in not creased, but a long crease on bc
Mad #237, FN- 5.5, $1 ncb minor crease on bc fold-in; creasing urfc

th_maddisco_f.jpgth_maddisco_r.jpg

Mad Disco #nn, GD 2.0, $1 record present but detached; cf detached top staple; top staple still holding on to cover, but barely; bottom staple secure, but spine is split above and below it (2" . Spine split)

Here's a group lot of old Mad Annuals - these will provide hours and hours of reading insanity :insane:

Here's what you get, along with approximate grades:

The Worst From Mad #1 (GD/VG), #2 (VG-), #3 (VG-), #4 (GD/VG), #5 (GD/VG), #9 (VG-) (total OSPG $120)
Mad Follies #3 (VG/FN), #5 (GD) (total OSPG $15)
More Trash From Mad #11 (GD) (OSPG $2)
Mad Special #1 (GD) (OSPG $4)

Bonus inserts are missing from all books. If they had the bonus inserts, OSPG would be about $280 for the group...without inserts, OSPG gets cut in half to $140'ish...

Get this pile out of my house for $50 shipped in the USA. :insane:

MadAnnualGroup.thumb.JPG.174be2b5fa6fbd74194f2e56a0a8bfa5.JPG

Edited by EC ed

Aisle 13: - Other Magazines

th_savageconan6_f.jpgth_savageconan6_r.jpgth_savageconan21_f.jpgth_savageconan21_r.jpgth_savageconan22_f.jpgth_savageconan22_r.jpg

Savage Sword of Conan #6, FN 6.0, $5 few dimples fc; spine wear; lower spine corner crunchie
Savage Sword of Conan #21, VG 4.0, $2 heavy spine stress; long vertical crease/bend fc 
Savage Sword of Conan #22, FN- 5.5, $3 bc dust shadows; moderate tanning halos throughout book, but everything still supple; general wear 

th_savageconan23_f.jpgth_savageconan23_r.jpgth_savageconan24_f.jpgth_savageconan24_r.jpg

Savage Sword of Conan #23, FN+ 6.5, $4 diag. crease llbc; sm.  triangles out lower right corner of some interior pages (production-related); bit of a crinkle upper spine corner
Savage Sword of Conan #24, VF- 7.5, $5 light edge wear; light spine stress; sm. diag crease lrfc 

Edited by EC ed