• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which comic book character would you want to be for life?

59 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Ideally it'd be someone with a healing factor, so all my health issues would be cured, but I can't really think of anyone with a healing factor that hasn't had a horrific past. Wolverine is the obvious one, and while an adamantium skeleton would come in handy, it's not something I particularly need, and the process is just a wee bit traumatic. I'd also have to arguably lose all my memories for a time. I'd lose some beautiful moments in life. But to be pain-free, I'd definitely consider it. 

Otherwise, I'd go with Jean Grey. Telekinesis would be extremely convenient for everyday life, and you'd be able to fly, which would obviously be awesome. The telepathy is the monkey's paw, though, having to hear everyone's thoughts until you could control it, and even then, it'd be too tempting to abuse with loved ones, to know what they REALLY think. Major downside is the cosmic entity that just loves to manipulate your affairs. That's a lot of baggage to take into a relationship/workplace etc. 

Both choices also have the drawback of being in a hated minority, making daily life in itself dangerous. 

Wolverine is not pain free. He is in constant pain all day long as his body rejects the adamantium and then he heals. All day long.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Wolverine is not pain free. He is in constant pain all day long as his body rejects the adamantium and then he heals. All day long.

I forgot that admittedly important detail. :$ I'll go with Jean, then. I know she can control pain in others, wonder if she could do it for herself?

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:37 PM, shadroch said:

Can't get the highs without the lows.  I can deal with getting bitten by a spider, or getting caught in a gamma bomb explosion, or having an alien select me as his successor. 

Watching my parents shot down is beyond what I'd be willing to put up with.

lol

Says the guy who picked Sentry.

Sentry's about as mentally unstable as they come.  If he loses control for a second, he risks Voiding out and destroying everyone on the planet. 

Superman and I am okay with everything that comes with it. .. planet exploding... yadda yadda yadda... 

Close second... 

Nova... Richard Ryder version... I wanna see the stars.

I keep wanting to say Groo 'cause I'm all for simplicity, but I'd also like ripped abs. If you want ripped abs, though, you're going to have to accept a tragic storyline. Dumb and doughy or shredded and f'ed up? hm

Still think Archie's the best answer, though. Definitely Archie.