• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which comic book character would you want to be for life?

59 posts in this topic

Consider:

Powers and drawbacks (e.g. as Cyclops you can have fun with optic blasts, but must always  view the world through ruby)

Responsibilities or lack thereof (does contemporary Batman ever get to have fun?)

Friends/enemies/loves (Spidey admirers, basically half of Marvel’s villains are out for you... but you’ve got MJ)

Overall cool factor

35 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Ugh... I wanna say Batman, but.. No, it's Batman. Millionaire, cool gadgets, Joker is always good for a few laughs. So Batman it is

Nothing would be worth seeing your parents shot down in front of you.  

2 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Debbie Downer

Can't get the highs without the lows.  I can deal with getting bitten by a spider, or getting caught in a gamma bomb explosion, or having an alien select me as his successor. 

Watching my parents shot down is beyond what I'd be willing to put up with.

Ideally it'd be someone with a healing factor, so all my health issues would be cured, but I can't really think of anyone with a healing factor that hasn't had a horrific past. Wolverine is the obvious one, and while an adamantium skeleton would come in handy, it's not something I particularly need, and the process is just a wee bit traumatic. I'd also have to arguably lose all my memories for a time. I'd lose some beautiful moments in life. But to be pain-free, I'd definitely consider it. 

Otherwise, I'd go with Jean Grey. Telekinesis would be extremely convenient for everyday life, and you'd be able to fly, which would obviously be awesome. The telepathy is the monkey's paw, though, having to hear everyone's thoughts until you could control it, and even then, it'd be too tempting to abuse with loved ones, to know what they REALLY think. Major downside is the cosmic entity that just loves to manipulate your affairs. That's a lot of baggage to take into a relationship/workplace etc. 

Both choices also have the drawback of being in a hated minority, making daily life in itself dangerous.