• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite "jilted" romance cover
1 1

103 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2018 at 3:29 PM, Sqeggs said:

Baker drew a lot of these love triangle covers at the beginning of his career.  His later covers at St John mostly avoided this theme.  Not sure why except maybe his covers were no longer intended to have any connection with the contents, so he stuck to generic romance scenes. 

39b383aa-ac37-40a6-a57a-28cb4945de5c_zpspjqjcoo4.JPG

Desperate and lonely, hired a gigolo, what?:whatthe:

23 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Are we sure that those aren't HER sandals ......... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

That dude has on some shorty shorts.  In the 80's we referred to them as _______ huggers.  I think that was the last time they were found for sale except for the UDT swim shorts that the SEALs like to run around in.

5 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:
On 2/14/2018 at 4:29 PM, Sqeggs said:

Baker drew a lot of these love triangle covers at the beginning of his career.  His later covers at St John mostly avoided this theme.  Not sure why except maybe his covers were no longer intended to have any connection with the contents, so he stuck to generic romance scenes. 

39b383aa-ac37-40a6-a57a-28cb4945de5c_zpspjqjcoo4.JPG

Desperate and lonely, hired a gigolo, what?:whatthe:

A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do!

2 minutes ago, sagii said:

:applause:The Harvey romance man scores with another one!

The more I look at this one the more I like it...great placement of the hands on the couple etc, a great comedic and sensual cover.  Another one credited to Al Avison who is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

19 hours ago, szavisca said:
20 hours ago, sagii said:

:applause:The Harvey romance man scores with another one!

The more I look at this one the more I like it...great placement of the hands on the couple etc, a great comedic and sensual cover.  Another one credited to Al Avison who is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

I think that teacher may on his way to a stretch in the big house! 

11 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think that teacher may on his way to a stretch in the big house! 

Yeah but that’s just another positive of this book!... teenagers that actually look like teenagers and not adults ... a rarity for a teen romance title back then.