• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weiss Auctions Feb 14, 2018
1 1

47 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, cstojano said:

I swear there are hardly any deals to be had. I watched a lot close 20k against a pre=auction estimate of 600-900, small obscure auction house in Washington stumbled on to an exquisite piece of tribal art; under the radar just doesn't seem to happen anymore. 

There are still deals, but yes the easier it gets for us (skinflint bottom-feeders) the easier it gets for everyone else too. I'll check out for good (and just read comics all day instead) when I can no longer easily place $100k/yr in things that will double in three years or less or be ten-baggers in ten years or less. It's definitely not easy anymore, but not over yet. I'm also tiring of the grind and don't really have to do this anymore...coasting into the sunset is becoming more appealing every day for a multitude of reasons.

One thing is for sure: there are no* deals in comic art anymore.

*of the easily reproducible kind, anybody can get a lucky one-off here and there, once or twice a year; i still do too

20 minutes ago, Flambit said:

Anybody know what Unknown Solider cover it was?  I must be blind - I keep looking for it on the site but don't see it...

There wasn't an Unknown Soldier cover in the auction. It was an ad piece. It ended at $2,760 w/ BP.

Unknown Soldier 233 - 2760.jpg