• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Heritage Art Find

72 posts in this topic

You related to Luxxcorp??

Don't know about that, but he used to be DESTRO and he's shilling up a storm on the ComicArt-L thread as "Tariq Ahmed". foreheadslap.gif

By the way, the consensus opinion for the value of these two pieces from the ComicArt-L listers seems to be LESS than $100K. Even Mike Burkey, with whom Krazy has apparently been in contact judging from his previous posts, scoffed at the idea that these are $200K+ pieces. Here are some opinions from that forum:

Daniel Herman: "Back in the early 90s pieces like this would go for 12-20K. By the end of the 90s probably more like 30-40K. Based on today market the Batman cover would probably be in the 75 tp 100K and the Superman cover probably 50-85K. That's just my gut reaction. The truth is there are very few serious collectiors who will pay cash for Golden Age."

Mike Burkey: (responding to an opinion that the covers will sell for $200K-$300K) "ha ha ha ha Hardly I think."

Dan Ripoll: "Considering the Schomburg Human Torch didn't get anywhere near that $100K, I kinda doubt it, too. Be luck to top out at $80K, for the Batman, much less for the Action ($40K-ish)."

Hans Kosenkranius: "Whatever they fetch, my guess is it will be LESS than what many people expect. I keep thinking of the Marvel Comics #1 page. When it surfaced, many collectors' felt it was worth a million. But it sold in public auction for 75K. The Schomburg Timely Human Torch cvr. has gone to Heritage and passed without selling."

"Tariq Ahmed" (a.k.a. Krazykat): "This is the type of material that'll bring OA into the million dollar fine art club, imho." screwy.gif

Of course, after several listers started busting on Tariq/Krazy, he flipped out:

"You are going to Hell to MeeT ALLAH !!!!

I LAUGH AS I SEE YOU BURN1 !!!!!"

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. I'm not sure how he does it.