• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Lethal Protector Black Error, Unique Stamping?

12 posts in this topic

Hey all, 

Been lurking on here awhile, posting when I can. I  thought I would post this up on here as this board seems to have the some of the most knowledgeable people in the hobby. Working on pricing this book out with GPA Analaysis, but while doing that I am also trying to research actual photos of past sales.

All of the Venom Lethal Protector stampings I have seen show an either all black background, or a thin red boarder around Venom. I have yet to see one as I have. If anybody can post pictures of theirs, or know of copies that look like mine it would be greatly appreciated. 

Book has been returned CGC 8.0 but posting these pictures as its more clear. 

Thanks, 

Stephen

IMG_7277.JPG

IMG_7293.JPG

IMG_7292.JPG

IMG_7291.JPG

My initial gut reaction was that it wasn't with your having more red than others....:sorry:still wonder the answer myself. The label means that I've been looking for this in the wild all wrong lol

2 hours ago, Stephen H said:

Right, when I first purchased I initially thought the red Waac heavy, not that it was black, but CGC has confirmed it, as black error.

Unfortunately I don't know who owns one to tag them...., but I've seen them posted lately so maybe they'll chime in....:wishluck:

Congrats on the book though!

I love all these Venom errors. My buddy was working at a comic shop when he found one and gave it to the shop owner.
Who promptly sold it to a buyer in the shop that spends alot of money monthly theree.

I dont blame the owner for selling it, but I stick it to my buddy every chance I get about this book. lol

21 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I love all these Venom errors. My buddy was working at a comic shop when he found one and gave it to the shop owner.
Who promptly sold it to a buyer in the shop that spends alot of money monthly theree.

I dont blame the owner for selling it, but I stick it to my buddy every chance I get about this book. lol

At least he knew what they had. I found fine in an LCS backissue box. ^^