• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED

6 posts in this topic

Up for sale tonight…a small stack of original-owner Golden Age comics and Big Little Books, all offered for sale at a single lot price.

I'm selling these on behalf of a close friend.  Everything in this thread belonged to his father-in-law, who passed away last year, and who bought all of them, straight off the rack, during his childhood.  These books have been in family storage for a very long time, and are guaranteed to be unrestored.

All books are 100% complete and readable with very good paper quality (NO brittleness).  Any defects not visible in the scans are noted in the descriptions below.

-----------------------------------

TERMS:

:takeit: in the thread rules.

• PayPal ONLY for this sale.

• No HOS'ers/probies/etc.

• Payment is due within 2 days of closing the deal unless we've made other arrangements.

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING (fully insured Priority Mail w/extremely secure packaging):

• FREE for a flat rate USPS Priority Mail BOX.

• NOTE: I am sometimes able to ship the same day that payment is received, but usually no later than one day after payment is received.

***VERY IMPORTANT NOTE -- US shipping only, very sorry!***

RETURNS:  

• Shouldn't be necessary, but…I'm reasonable -- if there's a problem of ANY kind, please PM me and we WILL work it out to your satisfaction.

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me):

My Feedback Thread...

Edited by jools&jim

Here's what you get:

All-Flash Comics #30:  August/September 1947.  Piece missing from spine near bottom staple, to which the front cover is still attached; pieces missing from the front and back covers.  Penciled check-mark in logo on front cover.  All interior pages firmly attached to both staples.  Tanning to inside front and back covers.  Fair.

All Star Comics #35:  June/July 1947.  First appearance of Per Degaton.  Cover and all pages attached to both staples.  Some spine wear not visible in scans. Pen markings on the back cover.  Tanning to inside front and back covers.  Good.

Batman #34:  April/May 1946.  Centerfold loose from bottom staple, and is barely hanging on to the top.  Penciled "C" on the front cover.  Foxing/staining to the back cover and several interior pages.  Cover firmly attached to both staples.  Fair.

Batman #38:  December/January 1946-1947.  Penguin story.  Coverless copy.  Centerfold is loose from bottom staple, but secure at the top.  Other than the missing cover, the book is 100% complete and readable.  Coverless.

Green Lantern #25:  April/May 1947.  Cover is barely hanging on to the bottom staple; top staple is more secure.  Foxing to the back cover and the last few interior pages along the outer edge.  All interior pages firmly attached to both staples.  Penciled "C" in logo on the front cover.  Fair.

Real Clue Crime Stories Vol. 3 #3:  May, 1948.  Cover is completely detached.  Interior is 100% complete and readable.  Poor/Fair.

Big Little Book #1102 Jack Swift and His Rocket Ship (Whitman, 1934) - missing the first (non-story) page with publication data, and one story page is loose (NOT missing!).  All story pages, artwork, and ad pages at the back of the book are present and accounted for!  Some spine wear/damage.  Fair.

Big Little Book #1181 Lone Ranger and His Horse Silver (Whitman, 1935) - 100% complete.  Some spine wear/damage.  Good.

Big Little Book #1197 Buck Rogers and the Planetoid Plot (Whitman, 1937) - 100% complete.  Chunk missing from the top of the spine, o/w VG+.

PRICE: $450 shipped and insured (US ONLY).

===================================

AllFlash30-A.JPG

AllFlash30-B.JPG

AllStar35-A.JPG

AllStar35-B.JPG

Batman34-A.JPG

Batman34-B.JPG

Batman38-A.JPG

Batman38-B.JPG

GreenLantern25-A.JPG

GreenLantern25-B.JPG

RealClue3-3-A.JPG