• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it time for a new avatar?
1 1

31 posts in this topic

I know I “recognize” people by their avatars before their names sometimes. Posters like @Buzzetta, @Boozad or @RockMyAmadeus are instantly recognizable just by those distinctive avatars. Any time we change for holiday themes it messes me up. 

17 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I know I “recognize” people by their avatars before their names sometimes. Posters like @Buzzetta, @Boozad or @RockMyAmadeus are instantly recognizable just by those distinctive avatars. Any time we change for holiday themes it messes me up. 

Boozad is barely here anymore

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Same here. I usually notice the avatar before the name of the poster. I’m not crazy about swapping them, but adjust pretty quickly provided they don’t change  from week to week.

2 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

I have had this picture since I joined, but I feel like it's time to move on. Does it matter if you change the avatar to most members?

I was going to post a Summer's Eve jpg for you to use, but then thought better of it....., :eyeroll:

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I was going to post a Summer's Eve jpg for you to use, but then thought better of it....., :eyeroll:

Change works better when you pick a “theme”.

If you have something like I don’t know, say a lizard, you can keep updating your avatar and everyone will still know you. 

There are a few posters here that have the same avatar which makes me double check who’s posting by their username.

I thought about using this one on the boards. It seems to best capture the nature of posting here... hm

tenor.gif?itemid=4712383

4 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

I have had this picture since I joined, but I feel like it's time to move on. Does it matter if you change the avatar to most members?

actually, i was thinking of changing mine and I can't seem to figure out where to do it, can someone point it out for me?

Malvin

1 hour ago, malvin said:

actually, i was thinking of changing mine and I can't seem to figure out where to do it, can someone point it out for me?

Malvin

Go to your account, profile. Click the picture icon (as I circled in red on my photo) and add. Hope this helps you. 

3A7A5235-1FFA-4EA8-8533-AE4FDC798A65.jpeg

41 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Go to your account, profile. Click the picture icon (as I circled in red on my photo) and add. Hope this helps you. 

3A7A5235-1FFA-4EA8-8533-AE4FDC798A65.jpeg

Awesome thanks!  I was on that page and just changed the bigger picture and didn't see the small one.  profile pic changed, although maybe I will pick a different piece of art rather than mayor mushroom.

Malvin

12 hours ago, mysterio said:

I was going to change it last night.  Guess I will leave Bobby D for a little while more. 

9 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

i prefer people keep their avatars and for those without one to choose one but that failed last year

What if I change my avatar to yours?