• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Related Paperbacks

183 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Lovely books Tim, I am trying to put a set together myself,not much luck as of yet. 

Thanks David!

They are sure fun to collect.

I’m hoping to see a few I wasn’t aware of in this thread!

Just now, wormboy said:

I love that one too Jimmers!

There is another one based on a Treasury that I’ll post soon.

That was the first treasury I ever had.Found it as a kid at a yard sale in the eighties and just obsessed over it,still have it.Mind boggling that it's been shrunk down!

4 minutes ago, shadroch said:

My first introduction to Thor was a paperback where he battles The Absorbing Man.  1966/67ish if I Recall .

I think these books are highly under-rated.

I agree! I think it’s because many are reprints. 

1 hour ago, wormboy said:

5a8633a5a9ff1_ASM4front.thumb.jpg.7387660b780fb064586c7d05438d144c.jpg

1 hour ago, wormboy said:

5a8633bb2beaa_ASM5front.thumb.jpg.2191f641a8871aca9363e66d136c570d.jpg

I only had this pair.  Mid-seventies, IIRC, and the first time I read the early Lee / Ditko Spideys in colour. Possibly a British copy, although this kind of book did get imported here.  Fond memories - I recall how much I enjoyed the stories, and thanks for posting.

3 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I only had this pair.  Mid-seventies, IIRC, and the first time I read the early Lee / Ditko Spideys in colour. Possibly a British copy, although this kind of book did get imported here.  Fond memories - I recall how much I enjoyed the stories, and thanks for posting.

(thumbsu

I know there are Canadian versions of these, so there may well have been a UK version.

The ‘Empire Strikes Back’ book I posted is the UK version. I bought it at an outdoor market in London.

I have the first Spider-Man one that has the early issues and have had it in my collection since I was first collecting. Last year I picked up a similar one for Dr. Strange (love it-- has all the first stories from Strange Tales-- which has made getting those books less of a need in order to read the story line). Been looking at getting a Hulk one too but I think those stories are in the treasury book which I have (have 1-15 plus a bunch of the others). Did pickup a Fantastic Four one that is not the same format from Lancer. I wasn't super concerned over the condition though the ones I have aren't terrible -- nothing as nice as what you have though. I remember reading the hell out of my ASM one as a kid though.

5a86619f0637a_FF-lancer.thumb.jpg.30858896de2510206b38d8d15c372f5c.jpg.....

5a8662194ab7c_FFlancerbk.thumb.jpg.51fe70fe7a030edd5004d13b2745f8ea.jpg

Edited by 01TheDude

4 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I have the first Spider-Man one that has the early issues and have had it in my collection since I was first collecting. Last year I picked up a similar one for Dr. Strange (love it-- has all the first stories from Strange Tales-- which has made getting those books less of a need in order to read the story line). Been looking at getting a Hulk one too but I think those stories are in the treasury book which I have (have 1-15 plus a bunch of the others). Did pickup a Fantastic Four one that is not the same format from Lancer. I wasn't super concerned over the condition though the ones I have aren't terrible -- nothing as nice as what you have though. I remember reading the hell out of my ASM one as a kid though.

5a86619f0637a_FF-lancer.thumb.jpg.30858896de2510206b38d8d15c372f5c.jpg.....

5a8662194ab7c_FFlancerbk.thumb.jpg.51fe70fe7a030edd5004d13b2745f8ea.jpg

Nice, I don’t have that one. Put it on the list.

”Comic book reading is in!” lol