• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A tip for newbies and returnees alike... Turn ON your Sigs
1 1

49 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

I’m a bit lost. What sigs are we talking about?

signature line.... go to account settings, click on signature and turn them on.... then look at a thread and you'll see them, mine is the hulk vs. wolverine statue... :) 

9 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I've had them turned off for a good 10-11 years. Ugh. Even if load times weren't an issue, all that visual clutter is. Can't stand them.

The problem is the enormous sigs. These seem even more enormous on this software. Also, the people who haven't updated the now dead photobucket links in their sigs, suck. Fix your excrement people :makepoint:

Thankfully, we now have the ability to ignore individual sigs without having to turn them all off

20 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

The problem is the enormous sigs. These seem even more enormous on this software. Also, the people who haven't updated the now dead photobucket links in their sigs, suck. Fix your excrement people :makepoint:

Thankfully, we now have the ability to ignore individual sigs without having to turn them all off

Hatesnowfro!

25 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Honestly.. the sig line clutters things up too much for me...

I agree. I quit coming to the boards as often when everyone had a bunch of gifs, and large pictures in the signature lines. Was one of my biggest dislikes of the boards, along with all the quoting of large picture posts.  My laptop couldn’t handle it and things would freeze up. At least you can turn them off if you choose. ?? But not the re-quoting over and over again. :( , that’s where the like icons have helped out a bunch though. 

Edited by nepatkm
Like icons

16 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Image result for photobucket link fail

55 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

I agree. I quit coming to the boards as often when everyone had a bunch of gifs, and large pictures in the signature lines. Was one of my biggest dislikes of the boards, along with all the quoting of large picture posts.  My laptop couldn’t handle it and things would freeze up. At least you can turn them off if you choose. ?? But not the re-quoting over and over again. :( , that’s where the like icons have helped out a bunch though. 

I don't mind gifs as they can be funny if they are appropriate to the thread but they are often used by many of the senior member clique's on here to derail threads they don't like

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

I don't mind gifs as they can be funny if they are appropriate to the thread but they are often used by many of the senior member clique's on here to derail threads they don't like

I am talking about a big collection of them in signature lines, not individual posts, those are fine. Except when they get posted over and over and over again by the same user in a thread, that gets old fast, especially when it's not that funny to start with.

• Administrator
On 2/16/2018 at 8:49 AM, Dick Pontoon said:

I've had them turned off for a good 10-11 years. Ugh. Even if load times weren't an issue, all that visual clutter is. Can't stand them.

Although, I will point out that there's a cool little x in the upper right of every signature where you can choose to turn all sigs off OR just hide that person's sig.

So when someone has a HUGE signature, you can ignore it.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, nepatkm said:

But not the re-quoting over and over again. :( , that’s where the like icons have helped out a bunch though. 

And the way the new software handles quotes - only quoting one post by default instead of nested quotes - and allowing you to easily highlight part of a post and quote just that - has really cut down on quote spam.

15 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

I don't understand why you think there is a senior  member clique around here.(shrug)

5 hours ago, Architecht said:

Although, I will point out that there's a cool little x in the upper right of every signature where you can choose to turn all sigs off OR just hide that person's sig.

So when someone has a HUGE signature, you can ignore it.

Not always :baiting:

5a893c09dcdc1_ScreenShot2018-02-18at8_39_07AM.thumb.png.653cd36f3b3e034b779c51678e0a3f52.png