• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Comiclink Winter Featured Auction (Ends Mar 9)
1 1

177 posts in this topic

OK, not officially sanctioned by Clink, but I'm sure they don't mind the chatter here about their Winter Featured auction contents.  I think there's less total pages being offered this time around, as compared to their previous featured auction, but still a very nice selection of stuff:

More to come another time...

14 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

OK, not officially sanctioned by Clink, but I'm sure they don't mind the chatter here about their Winter Featured auction contents.  I think there's less total pages being offered this time around, as compared to their previous featured auction, but still a very nice selection of stuff:

More to come another time...

I placed a few tracking bids but nothing I can't live without for OA

Interesting that the Black Panther 12 cover has re-surfaced here.  I could be wrong - and please correct me if I am - but I would swear this cover was over on Heritage a few years ago, maybe 2010 (I'm guessing) and it sold for around 12k.  But the odd thing is: it never appeared in the past auction results!  Does anyone else remember that or am I going slowly insane??

6 hours ago, Flambit said:

Interesting that the Black Panther 12 cover has re-surfaced here.  I could be wrong - and please correct me if I am - but I would swear this cover was over on Heritage a few years ago, maybe 2010 (I'm guessing) and it sold for around 12k.  But the odd thing is: it never appeared in the past auction results!  Does anyone else remember that or am I going slowly insane??

It’s been in Heritage a couple of times. 

2008 and 2009. But it never met the reserve of $9K  the first time and $7.5K the second time

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/covers/jack-kirby-and-joe-rubinstein-black-panther-12-cover-original-art-marvel-1978-/a/7002-92151.s

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/covers/jack-kirby-and-joe-rubinstein-black-panther-12-cover-original-art-marvel-1978-/a/827-43346.s?ic3=ViewItem-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

Edited by Matches_Malone

Huh.  Obviously I totally misremembered that.  

Somehow I must have completely missed that second action.  I would have seriously considered 7.5k at the time, even though it would have been considered a little high.  I had really been looking for a decent Kirby Bronze Marvel hero cover at the time.   

Oh well - I don't suppose I'll get it for 7.5k at this point!

On 2018-02-16 at 12:56 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Just basing it on the last Manthing cover that sold on HA for around $18K, though I think that one was a Brunner cover?  What do you think this Ploog cover will fetch?

Well that cover just went from 5600 to 24 k in 2 bids. 

6 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

It isn't on the OP's list but the Sam Kieth Marvel Tales 255 cover took off.  Currently at $ 6,900 with 71 bids in 3 days.

Thanks for the update!  I was going to include the cover part 2 of the auction offerings but you beat me to it.  Yeah, $6.9K, with some room to go...only thing that prevents me from bidding is all of the glue residue on the cover, otherwise its very, very tempting (thumbsu

10 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

It isn't on the OP's list but the Sam Kieth Marvel Tales 255 cover took off.  Currently at $ 6,900 with 71 bids in 3 days.

Love that cover.  Keith is so good.  I thought 8k would be a strong bid.  Could this really hit 5-figures?  

11 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Love that cover.  Keith is so good.  I thought 8k would be a strong bid.  Could this really hit 5-figures?  

Looking like it, i just tried one more bid now , no dice. I just dont think I can hang on this piece. Oh well...