• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Comiclink Winter Featured Auction (Ends Mar 9)
1 1

177 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, vodou said:

Been thinking about this, as I noticed the same thing on what I'm interested in - across the board, at/over fmv already. Maybe it's price discovery push (and lot elimination?) to free up bidding funds for HA which ends this week?

That makes sense. Something is definitely happening. I'll be curious to see if most of it just levels off now, and if this means there isn't a big push at the very end.

22 hours ago, vodou said:

Been thinking about this, as I noticed the same thing on what I'm interested in - across the board, at/over fmv already. Maybe it's price discovery push (and lot elimination?) to free up bidding funds for HA which ends this week?

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

That makes sense. Something is definitely happening. I'll be curious to see if most of it just levels off now, and if this means there isn't a big push at the very end.

You folks are looking at different pieces than I am --I see a lot of well-undermarket prices. 

6 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Could also be some people have higher price evaluations than others.

the thing is - for the items I am usually after - the prices seem to double, triple or quadripple on auction night - so when the prices are are high this early - it becomes worrisome.

20 hours ago, Ironmandrd said:

You folks are looking at different pieces than I am --I see a lot of well-undermarket prices. 

Just give it time for the dealers and BSDs to finish up today at heritage and then start browsing Comiclink.

On 2/22/2018 at 10:56 AM, stinkininkin said:

Same here.

I'm a very, very small fish. Probably an entirely different pond than most of the folks on here.

20 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I'm a very, very small fish. Probably an entirely different pond than most of the folks on here.

Don't kid yourself. I can't understand how people can spend so much on some pages, no matter how good they look. It's their money, of course, and prices have generally risen, but still, that's a whole lot of money people are spending.

Right now, I'm quite happy in the little end of the pond, and getting to play with comic art at a low price point. I'm also looking forward to my next convention to go commission hunting. After I read that DC has brought back the Legion of Super-Pets, it occurred to me that the world deserves a new hero in their mold.....the "Phantom Pherret." So, I want to find someone who can do a cartoony version, like in the Bruce Timm mold (but no, I don't plan to hold out for that).

For me, the silly stuff is fun; I deal with too much high pressure at the office. And isn't fun why we really do this?

Edited by Rick2you2
typo.

7 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Don't kid yourself. I can't understand how people can spend so much on some pages, no matter how good they look. It's their money, of course, and prices have generally risen, but still, that's a whole lot of money people are spending.

Right now, I'm quite happy in the little end of the pond, and getting to play with comic art at a low price point. I'm also looking forward to my next convention to go commission hunting. After I read that DC has brought back the Legion of Super-Pets, it occurred to me that the world deserves a new hero in their mold.....the "Phantom Pherret." So, I want to find someone who can do a cartoony version, like in the Bruce Timm mold (but no, I don't plan to hold out for that).

For me, the silly stuff is fun; I deal with too much high pressure at the office. And isn't fun why we really do this?

I thought the point of bearing the high pressure at the office was so that you could spend 5 figures on superfluous things in life.

2 seconds after the auction ends is the only time we'll know what the perceived value is. Too many times recently I've seen prices jump hundreds or thousands when they looked like they could land in a small pond home just seconds before.