The Official Comiclink Winter Featured Auction (Ends Mar 9)
1 1

177 posts in this topic

5,675 posts
21 hours ago, vodou said:

Been thinking about this, as I noticed the same thing on what I'm interested in - across the board, at/over fmv already. Maybe it's price discovery push (and lot elimination?) to free up bidding funds for HA which ends this week?

That makes sense. Something is definitely happening. I'll be curious to see if most of it just levels off now, and if this means there isn't a big push at the very end.

529 posts
22 hours ago, vodou said:

Been thinking about this, as I noticed the same thing on what I'm interested in - across the board, at/over fmv already. Maybe it's price discovery push (and lot elimination?) to free up bidding funds for HA which ends this week?

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

That makes sense. Something is definitely happening. I'll be curious to see if most of it just levels off now, and if this means there isn't a big push at the very end.

You folks are looking at different pieces than I am --I see a lot of well-undermarket prices. 

1,356 posts
21 minutes ago, Ironmandrd said:

You folks are looking at different pieces than I am --I see a lot of well-undermarket prices. 

Same here.

1,819 posts

Could also be some people have higher price evaluations than others.

1,016 posts
6 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Could also be some people have higher price evaluations than others.

the thing is - for the items I am usually after - the prices seem to double, triple or quadripple on auction night - so when the prices are are high this early - it becomes worrisome.

13,830 posts
20 hours ago, Ironmandrd said:

Just give it time for the dealers and BSDs to finish up today at heritage and then start browsing Comiclink.

160 posts

Batman 618 cover now at $51500... yikes

5,675 posts
On 2/22/2018 at 10:56 AM, stinkininkin said:

Same here.

I'm a very, very small fish. Probably an entirely different pond than most of the folks on here.

4,180 posts
11 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

Just give it time for the dealers and BSDs to finish up today at heritage and then start browsing Comiclink.

Bottom feeders unite!

1,139 posts
20 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I'm a very, very small fish. Probably an entirely different pond than most of the folks on here.

Don't kid yourself. I can't understand how people can spend so much on some pages, no matter how good they look. It's their money, of course, and prices have generally risen, but still, that's a whole lot of money people are spending.

Right now, I'm quite happy in the little end of the pond, and getting to play with comic art at a low price point. I'm also looking forward to my next convention to go commission hunting. After I read that DC has brought back the Legion of Super-Pets, it occurred to me that the world deserves a new hero in their mold.....the "Phantom Pherret." So, I want to find someone who can do a cartoony version, like in the Bruce Timm mold (but no, I don't plan to hold out for that).

For me, the silly stuff is fun; I deal with too much high pressure at the office. And isn't fun why we really do this?

Edited by Rick2you2
typo.

503 posts
7 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Don't kid yourself. I can't understand how people can spend so much on some pages, no matter how good they look. It's their money, of course, and prices have generally risen, but still, that's a whole lot of money people are spending.

Right now, I'm quite happy in the little end of the pond, and getting to play with comic art at a low price point. I'm also looking forward to my next convention to go commission hunting. After I read that DC has brought back the Legion of Super-Pets, it occurred to me that the world deserves a new hero in their mold.....the "Phantom Pherret." So, I want to find someone who can do a cartoony version, like in the Bruce Timm mold (but no, I don't plan to hold out for that).

For me, the silly stuff is fun; I deal with too much high pressure at the office. And isn't fun why we really do this?

I thought the point of bearing the high pressure at the office was so that you could spend 5 figures on superfluous things in life.

1,356 posts
5 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Bats 618 > Capullo Bats 1

"Mission Accomplished." - Jim Lee and Scott Williams 

This is neither the end or the beginning, but it is the end of the beginning.  :baiting:

1,819 posts

Makes sense, positions and interests are already established. Bids will come in last hour of each lot, if not later.

529 posts

I don't know--on a number of pieces I am seeing less movement than in prior auctions--usually there are incremental bids and/or small jumps during the days leading up.

140 posts

2 seconds after the auction ends is the only time we'll know what the perceived value is. Too many times recently I've seen prices jump hundreds or thousands when they looked like they could land in a small pond home just seconds before.

2,298 posts

Prices don't matter until the fat lady sings. I think the fact that many lots are lower than usual often means buyer are going to put in nuclear bids and are waiting until the end to drop them.